Archery Talk Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I would continue shooting what you have and later down the road get some aluminum 1816/ 1916 Eastons and leave them full length. As your form improves your draw length with a recurve will change and lengthen as you use proper back tension.

Cheaper to tune with tip weight, once you get there. Dont be in a rush to cut arrows. Try and see what you like as far as tab or glove, split finger or three under etc. Work on a building a repeatable shot sequence first and consistent anchor point. The arrows you have fine for now.

With 35 pound limbs drawn to 38 pounds, I get nice consistent arrow flight with full length (32 inch) 1916 arrows and a 125 grain tip, using a B55 dacron stringing shooting off a stick on flipper rest.
How good are your groupings and at what range?

You can only tune as good as you can shoot. Since your new, I'd advise shooting and learning with what you have and of course getting a coach.

Read and learn this www.fenderarchery.com/blogs/archery-info/basic-tuning. You'll probably find that 100 grains is way too light for your set up.

Bowmania
I want to thank you for the advice and the link, it helped me a lot to progress !

· Registered
2,092 Posts
...but I really like to shoot them, and I find them consistent.
But, I think they are not on the light side...
I learned in my experience that lighter arrows are more sensitive to any slightest inconsistency in my release. This makes my Axis Traditional arrows more consistent compared to my lighter Carbon One arrows.

Reactions: Xavier_S
21 - 25 of 25 Posts