Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day experts!!
I'll be picking up a new 29'' , 71lb Black Ice and am not sure about arrow selection / spine that would be best.
I understand that there may be some experimentation required to get it right , but I live a long ways away from the nearest pro shop so would like any recommendations that you fine folks may have.
I'll be using a QAD Hunter rest , 100gr. G5 Montecs and am thinking of Blazer vanes.

Oh.... carbon of course.

Thanks in advance.

Don.

·
Registered
18 Posts
im shooting the black ice at 71lbs and 29" draw im shooting gold tip xt hunter 5575 shafts with 4" teflon vanes im about to switch to the qad pro hunter hd rest and 4, 3" duravanes for the lenght to cut them to if ur not looking to use the big guillitine turkey broadheads then get someone to mark an arrow just in front of your arrow rest when you are at full draw then just weight ur arrow to decide the size broadhead u will need but if you use this setup u should need the 85 gr tips and I too will be shooting the g5 montecs and i shoot 85gr hope this helps im shooting 294 with no peep wb rest and arrows as stated above.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have the same set up and I went with a stiffer arrow. I picked the Victory Vforce V1 with the .350 spine. I used 50 grain brass inserts to add weight, FOC and match the spine. With 100 grain points you will need around a .375 spine which is right in the middle of most arrow models. I went stiffer and heavier on the tip, or you can do like carp and go weaker and lighter on the tip. My bare shaft length is 27-3/8" with a ripcord rest, but you need to measure your own set up.

I'm very happy with the performance of the bow with these arrows, it shoots better than I do, but I'm working on that.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
28 inch draw 27.25 inch xt 5575 100gn. montecs 2in predators out of a qad hunter 65lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts