Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for some suggestions for arrows for the upcomming indoor archery season.

I shoot a regular non-sighted recurve under NFAA traditional rules.

With my regular XT Hunters I have to aim 47 inches below the center of the target at 20 yards. This is fine outdoors because I can find things on the ground to aim at. But with concrete floors it is hard to get a solid aiming point.

Last year a friend of mine loaned me a set of really fat aluminum arrows that were full factory length with 180 grain tips. With these arrows, I was able to move the aiming point up to about 6 inches under the target.

So this year I am looking into getting some heavier/slower arrows so that I can aim on the target.

Suggestions? Heavy aluminum? Fatboy carbons, Wood, Monster feather fletching? broom sticks?

Pete

·
Registered
20,761 Posts
Dwayne -

Ya wanna help Pete out on this one? ;)

Viper1 out.

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Pete,

My indoor NFAA set up is as follows:

Hoyt Elan 25" riser w/ Hoyt Vector limbs (70" recurve). It is tuned to pull 40# at my 32.5" draw. Arrows are Easton X7 Eclipse, size 2214 left full length. From the nock groove that is about 33.25" to the back of the 100g one piece para point. I fletch them with Flex-Fletch 4.18" parabolic vanes, straight with about 2 degrees of off-set. These weigh in at an average 497g.

To get close to point on at 20 yards I shoot three under with a very high anchor. Ring finger in the corner of the mouth and index finger on the front of the cheek bone. I hold at 1 o'clock on the "5" ring and if everything goes right they drop into the white circle (smiley face goes here).

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts