Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I hunt deer, I use Easton Axis arrows. This spring I will be doing my first turkey hunt with a bow. Someone mentioned using a larger diameter shaft when hunting turkey. Does it matter? Should I use a larger diameter shaft, or will the Axis arrows be fine? I have larger arrows so I don't have to go out and buy any, just curious which arrow to use. Thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was wondering this same thing as I am planning on doing my first turkey hunt also.... I was actually thinking of going with an aluminum arrow for turkey... For sure going with the guillotine blades though those things are amazing!

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
Axis will be fine.I use injexions on turkey with great results.the only reason I'd suggest different arrows is if you think your gonna be flinging a lot of them it might get expensive.but they'll kill em dead.

·
Registered
6,703 Posts
I was wondering this same thing as I am planning on doing my first turkey hunt also.... I was actually thinking of going with an aluminum arrow for turkey... For sure going with the guillotine blades though those things are amazing!
Same deal with heads.I never switched heads for turkey either.whatever i'm shooting for deer.last year I used killzones they destroyed em.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It depends on the broadhead you are going to use. You can search and find alot of info on here. I prefer bullheads which require a longer arrow.

·
Registered
18,397 Posts
shaft diameter has less to do with killing a turkey than anything else you could possibly Imagine! Large expandable type heads are best for body shots, I like three blade 2 inch cut heads best. As far as bullhead/guillotine type you need heavier spined longer arrows, diameter means nothing!

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Arrow diameter doesn't matter a bit…but shot placement and broadhead cutting diameter sure does!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts