Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my new Bowman on order, I have to decide what Arrows to shoot. I don't have any problem with the type of shaft, my problem is what length to get. Due to the design of the riser I can use an arrow up to 3 inches shorter than normal. Considering that my Draw length is 28 inches that would mean I could theoretically shoot a 25 inch shaft. I know that I would not want to go shorter then 26 inches but should I go 26 or 27 inches, and what length Vanes would be best. the arrows will be used primarily for spots but might be put into service if I decide to shoot 3D. The bow will be set somewhere between 45 and 52 pounds. I will be using both ACC's and X7's just in case that will make some difference. The bow will have Wedel cams with 75% letoff and I shoot a Chappy Boss off a d loop. The rest will be a GKF Platinum Premier which I will most likely be converting to a fall away.
I could use your advice to hep make a good decision on what length to get. If there is any other information I need to give please let me know.

· Occam's Razor
11,352 Posts
I think that an inch hangover is plenty for target shooting so I would go for 26". As for vanes, I would do two sets, one four inch for indoor and 3" down to 1 & 1/2 for outdoor.

With all the money that you have spent on bows this year, a little more on several sets of arrows should have a place in the budget...........:D :cool: ...................ck

· Registered
1,695 Posts
Well, I believe, if it were me, I'd cut them to where they spine right for the setup. Just my two cents. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

· Registered
1,021 Posts
When I shoot straight fletch I like to shoot full length arrows. My other preference is to shoot the stiffest spine as possible.

· Registered
2,764 Posts
HV Bowman;

Stew will made you a blade (longer) for your launcher so you are within FITA spec - just ask him. I would advise not to extend the grip so you turn it into an overdraw - if you are going to shoot target.

-CG

· Registered
5,700 Posts
i generally shoot a bow that is one inch shorter than my draw length but also shoot arrows that are the same length as my draw length for extra weight. just play aroudn with different arrows at different lengths and see which flies and groups better for you. that too wil help you determine where you cut your arrows. good luck and hope all goes well for you
rob k

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.