Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have placed calls to Carbon Express (made in Korea), Gold Tip (made in Tijuana Mexico) and Easton (finally one MADE IN THE USA). In my research I have found that Easton and Beman (same company) are made in the USA.

Anyways I am in the market for new arrows for my new Bowtech Invasion. It is set at 62# and my draw length is 28.5 inches. I am looking for a top quality arrow shaft (I fletch them myself with Blazers). Please provide any input you can for a USA made shaft. If anyone has a calc program please let me know what spine as I am leaning toward a 340 spine.

Thank you in advance

·
HillsideCustomSlings, LLC
13,452 Posts
Carbon Impact made here in Michigan.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
:deadhorse

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
I have placed calls to Carbon Express (made in Korea), Gold Tip (made in Tijuana Mexico) and Easton (finally one MADE IN THE USA). In my research I have found that Easton and Beman (same company) are made in the USA.

Anyways I am in the market for new arrows for my new Bowtech Invasion. It is set at 62# and my draw length is 28.5 inches. I am looking for a top quality arrow shaft (I fletch them myself with Blazers). Please provide any input you can for a USA made shaft. If anyone has a calc program please let me know what spine as I am leaning toward a 340 spine.

Thank you in advance
my opinion has always been that beman is tough to beat, I shoot bemans for my hunting arrows exclusively, and gt for targets, 3d, etc. but If I were to use only one shaft for target and hunting, then I would more than likely go to bemans

·
Registered
2,428 Posts

Thank you in advance

Easton told you all their shafts are made in the USA?

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts

Thank you in advance
Sounds like you've been had. SOME of Easton's line is made in the USA...

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'd have guessed 400 spine.
I like the Easton ST Excels for about $60.00 bare shaft, but if you want top notch there are more expensive options such as Easton Axis, Easton Full Metal Jacket and A C C Pro

·
Registered
893 Posts
Just came from BPS and while looking for arrows I noticed the cx were made Korea so I bought GT hoping they were made in America. I tried.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
I have and invasion at 60pounds 27.5 inch draw and shoot easton axis .400s they shoot good with field tips but I cant get my broadheads to tune.

·
Time Flies
13,275 Posts
I have and invasion at 60pounds 27.5 inch draw and shoot easton axis .400s they shoot good with field tips but I cant get my broadheads to tune.
That's because a 400 spine for the Invasion is super weak...I'm not at my computer with TAP but I'd wager that you're off the chart on the weak end. You'd likely have much better luck tuning with a 340 spine or maybe even a 300 spine depending on how long you cut your arrows and what weight broadhead you're shooting.

·
Registered
903 Posts

Thank you in advance
Looks like if you went with .340 you are going to be over spined a bit I would say according to the following link to a master spine chart that you would need a .400 Take a look at the Beman ICS Hunters Great Arrows
http://www.huntersfriend.com/carbon_arrows/hunting_arrows_spine_chart_by_deflection.htm

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Easton told you all their shafts are made in the USA?
Easton said most of their shafts are made in the USA exception being their less expensive shafts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have an Invasion set at 72lbs 30" draw and shoot 300's with it. I have shot 340's with very good success but the 300's just slightly better groupings. They are so close in fact that I sometimes question whether I am the actual factor or the arrow but I decided to cheat to the high side and go with the 300's.

With that in mind I would probably go 340's for your draw weight and length.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sounds like you've been had. SOME of Easton's line is made in the USA...
Cherry you are correct most of Easton line is made in the USA. All of the top quality Easton are made in the USA though unlike Carbon Express and Gold Tip not to take anything away from them as both are great companies, I just want American made.

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
Fatboys and Full BORES are nade in Bandladesh

1 - 20 of 118 Posts