Registered
3,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What one and why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,763 Posts
I would go with Victory RIP's with the 60 grain half outs that are a flush fit to the shaft. Depending on what you are going to do with them and how many pounds you are going to shoot they make XV's, 3DHV's and standard in .204" ID. The problem with the Vap's are the outserts, even if you get the stainless ones, they are hard to pull out of targets. Full metal jackets can bend. The victories are spine aligned and have very tight tolerances. Ethics archery as well as BE Rampage stainless inserts are the way to go.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
FMJ. 50gr. Insert. Been shooting them for years. Great arrow. Yes they will bend but not very easy at all. They won’t explode either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,688 Posts
If I want a heavy arrow I go fmj, mine are 714 grains if I want a fast arrow vap that comes in at 456 grains.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Shot the VAP's for a while. Good arrows. Go with the SS outserts. The aluminum ones will bend.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
921 Posts
Been shooting the VAPs for a while. They are a good arrow. I would use an outsert or the deep six insert, and avoid the halfouts. FMJ are nice but they will bend if you aren't careful, and they are also a heavy arrow

·
Registered
5,892 Posts
VAP's are a great arrow in my opinion. I have hunted a couple years with them and use them for 3D as well. I use the stainless outserts on mine, I think they pull easier than standard arrows because the point and outsert are larger than the shaft.

The VAP's are a very tough arrow and they have outstanding penetration on animals.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I use both! Fmj’s at 530grn with a rage extreme with my xlr8. Vaps at 420grn with muzzy trocars with my no cam.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts