Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently bought a bowtech patriot (with the old style riser) shooting 64 lbs. 55/75 xt's which shoot great through paper with my martin fury, my mq1, my martin bengal, pse durango all set at 28" draw anyway i was getting a 2 inch high paper tear every time with the bowtech no matter were i set the nocking point needless to say i sat outside all night trying to tune this bow with no luck.I took the bow to sportsman wherehouse where they told me i had to shoot a 500 gr arrow(it's amazing how much these guys don't know) which did fly good through paper but who want's to shoot a 500 gr arrow(well maybe for moose or something)but to get to the point the arrow was stiffer and as soon as i put 85 gr tips on my gold tip's i got a pefect tear i thought a weak arrow would shoot tail right but not the case this time.just wanting everyone to know try this if you have this problem it would have saved me hours of me tearing my hair out trying to figure this out .I guess this bowtech really spits the arrow out there.This is my first bowtech and I'm really impressed they make a great bow good shooting

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I'm not a bowtech guy, but here's a couple of things that I would try:
1. Make sure your cam(s) are sync'ed.
2. Make sure your not getting fetching/nock contact.

I recently cut off a few inches from my arrow and switched to a Trophy Taker drop away arrow rest. I now have a perfect bullet hole tear, this was impossible to get with a GKF Golden Premier.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
sounds like it could be a rest problem or maybe it is your arrows. also double check your tiller tune and center shot
rob k

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Wow, he got it shooting bullet holes guys, and was just giving you the info how he did it. Thanks for the heads up Gabe. Be safe.
Shoot Straight
Derbytown :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts