Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about going to Aluminum Arrows from Carbon. I have been shooting Easton C2 Epics for the last 4 yrs. I have been told by a number of Finger Shooters that Aluminum Arrows will be more forgiving. I shoot in the high 480s to low 490s in Field. I am looking at Easton Cobalts in 2212 or 2213.
That is what the Easton arrow chart is telling me I need. 26" from throat of nock to end of shaft with 100 bullet points. And 3" feathers.

I am shooting a Scepter II Elite with Nitrous A cams with mini mods 65% let-off. set at 50 lbs. 26" AMO draw lenght.

I am leaning toward the 2212 for lightness but will they be durable enough.

I want the arrows for Indoor and Field.

I guess I want to know if the cost will be worth the added forgivness.

Robert

·
Registered
860 Posts
I am thinking about going to Aluminum Arrows from Carbon. I have been shooting Easton C2 Epics for the last 4 yrs. I have been told by a number of Finger Shooters that Aluminum Arrows will be more forgiving. I shoot in the high 480s to low 490s in Field. I am looking at Easton Cobalts in 2212 or 2213.
That is what the Easton arrow chart is telling me I need. 26" from throat of nock to end of shaft with 100 bullet points. And 3" feathers.

I am shooting a Scepter II Elite with Nitrous A cams with mini mods 65% let-off. set at 50 lbs. 26" AMO draw lenght.

I am leaning toward the 2212 for lightness but will they be durable enough.

I want the arrows for Indoor and Field.

I guess I want to know if the cost will be worth the added forgivness.

Robert
Hey got your phone message. I will give you a call on sunday afternoon when I get back in. Merissa shoots the 2213's indoor but has never shot them outdoors. Not sure how they would do or if you would have enough sight bar clearance. Need to find somebody with shaft selection software to run your set up and see what shows up. It would be a good starting point. I don't have it.

Chris

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I shot two of her new Platinum arrows after the shoot at On Target and they flew straight just to the left, probably because of my rest set up for my carbons. The 2212s will only weigh about 30 grains more than the carbons I am shooting now so I don't think I will have any trouble reaching the 80 yarder. But the 2213s will weigh 60 grains more.

I have never payed more than $55.00 for a dozen arrows and close to a $100.00 for the Coblats is going to be hard to do.

Robert

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After doing a few searches on AT I found out that Easton is discontinuing the swadged type shafts so the Cobalts are out. But I would like some input on the forgivness of aluminums versus carbons from some of the Field shooters on the Finger Forum.

Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts