Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello!

i have one more question... ...i'm living in a city, but on weekends i usually go to my grandparents - they live on the county, there are lots of deer, rabbits and other animal... ...when i'm spotting them i'm saying to myself - i wish i had a hunting bow! but the problem is money... ...i'm a student (i don't have a job) and i was saving money for a year to buy my 03' ultratec. i'm shooting FITA and FITA field, i have ACE arrows for competition. i can't buy myself a new bow, so i taught... ...whay shouldn't i use my bow for both - FITA and hunting!!!

my guestion: what arrows should i use on my bow that could "replace" my ACE's for hunting! i would use the same setup for both, i would change just arrows and use differend sight tape!
same diameter as ACE and they accept inserts for broadheads? which arrows have the same diameter as ACE and accept inserts for broadheads?

HELP :confused:

·
X's R Us
3,458 Posts
Why not get some cheaper aluminum arrows? Like some maxums or gamegetter series. You won't find anything with the same diameter as ace's that are cheap. Post your bow and arrow specs so we could give you suggestions for arrows. Hard to decide without knowing draw length, draw weight, and arrow length.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
03' ultratec with cam 1 & 1/2
draw lenght 29"
draw weight 55lb
GKF platinum premier
sureloc supreme (9" extension) with home made scope (4x lense)
beiter stabilizer (30")
carter BK target

i'm shooting from the loop. for hunting i would use boomar stabilizer (9").

i think that's all!

another question: if i buy some cheap aluminum arrows... ...thats not a problem, but would i get good arrow flight? no i have good arrow flight with my ACE's, but when i'll try some aluminum arrows, would they fly right?

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was just surfing on the net... ...and i was looking at Beman carbon hunter arrows. they look like ACE (diameter)! would they be good?

·
Registered
348 Posts
$$$$$

No wonder you don't have any money you gotta fortune in your set-up. I would agree with Ian, a good aluminum arrow is cheap and will do the job. You should probably invest in a good pin sight. I am sure guy's hunt with a moveable but if the deer won't stop your click--click--click may give you away.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Easton Buckeyes or XX75 Cammo hunters might be a cheap but dependable way to go.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok, thanks for all replys, but... ...i'm using my UT just for tournaments (FITA and FITA field). and i'm shooting ACE... i know that all arrows that U sugested me are good for hunting, but i'm looking for an arrow same (as close as possible) as ACE. i think Ian's right... ...i was looking at beman and carbon hunter's are looking pretty like ACE (if we talk about diameter) and they aren't so expensive as ACE!

thanks for help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts