Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some advise from the experienced bowhunters. I'm thinking about fletching, cutting, inserts, and nocking my own arrows.
I'm just wondering is it worth the time and money to invest in the jig etc.. Do you guy's do your own, or do you just buy them from your local archery shop.
Here in Utah, we have a hunting expo this weekend and I'm thinking I can pick some stuff up for a pretty good deal.
Let me know.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
ON the front end it will not be cheaper but you have to overcome the cost of equipment, I have a jig and it is nice to repair and arrow in the field at camp! Not to mention the fun of doing it and the feeling that you killed a deer with an arrow that you assembled!

·
Registered
831 Posts
I have been flecthing arrows for over 20 years. I like the fact that I can play with the flecthing, left , right, offset. You can move your foc. depending were you place the flecthing on the shaft. Change you vanes to any length , plastic , feather.
Every time I spent a couple of hours at the range I need at least 1 new flecth. When you do it yourself there is no need to go to the proshop to replace them all.

If you do any amount of shooting your question should be which Jig. Bitzenbergers for Me.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I beleive bitsenburger also is the best...but when I bought mine I could not afford one so I bought the jo-jan flecther! and it has worked well for me for 15 years and there seems to be no reason to upgrade...if you know what I mean!

·
Registered
380 Posts
i buy just the arrow shafts(aluminum) and i buy full length feathers from three rivers archery and cut and fletch them myself. in the long run it's well worth it.
don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts