Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a big diameter arrow for indoor 5 spot shooting. I'm stuck between Carbon Express line-jammer ss, Gold tip 30x Pro, and Easton Fatboy. What would be the best choice? How about nocks?

· Registered
2,656 Posts
I don't see any way to beat an X7 in 2712. If you ain't looking for speed there is no reason to get a carbon, and all of carbon's headaches.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
I perfer the carbon stricktly for there durability. I have shot the line jammers and the 30X's and I perfer the gold tips. They are tricky at 1st to get to shoot, but once you find the sweet spot and lern how to tune them there AWSOME!! I have shot all my highest scores with the execption of one round with the 30X's. Just my HO. Good luck

· Registered
1,204 Posts
shot 30X's last season and shot some pretty good scores with them.This year Ijust built some 2712's 29" with 250 propoint pins,and 4" feathers and I think my scores are going to be even better,I think they are just more forgiving.By the way my 30X's are 29.5" with 180 grain point and 2" blazers,out of a 2007 proelite,55# 28" draw

· Registered
1,204 Posts
I perfer the carbon stricktly for there durability. I have shot the line jammers and the 30X's and I perfer the gold tips. They are tricky at 1st to get to shoot, but once you find the sweet spot and lern how to tune them there AWSOME!! I have shot all my highest scores with the execption of one round with the 30X's. Just my HO. Good luck
unless you are shooting a single spot target durability shouldn't be an issue.

· Registered
755 Posts
Sticking to your list to choose from – Fatboy’s would work well.
Here is a link to Easton’s shaft selector, be sure to use arrow length and not draw length.
http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/selection-target

If you are going to shoot NAA/FITA then you need to be concerned about max allowable arrow diameter. They are 0.366” where Fatboys are under that limit. For aluminums you would be limited to 2317’s I think.

If you do a search you will see that NFAA is going to talk about max arrow size at the upcoming Feb meeting.
Right now arrow diameter is not limited in NFAA, so if you are shooting NFAA indoor or Vegas, so not to handicap yourself, most shoot the largest arrow they can, like 2613’s or 2712’s

Nock’s – I use Easton “G” nocks for everything

· Registered
15,839 Posts
Sticking to your list to choose from – Fatboy’s would work well.
Here is a link to Easton’s shaft selector, be sure to use arrow length and not draw length.
http://www.eastonarchery.com/products/selection-target

If you are going to shoot NAA/FITA then you need to be concerned about max allowable arrow diameter. They are 0.366” where Fatboys are under that limit. For aluminums you would be limited to 2317’s I think.

If you do a search you will see that NFAA is going to talk about max arrow size at the upcoming Feb meeting.
Right now arrow diameter is not limited in NFAA, so if you are shooting NFAA indoor or Vegas, so not to handicap yourself, most shoot the largest arrow they can, like 2613’s or 2712’s

Nock’s – I use Easton “G” nocks for everything
I mainly shoot NAA format. 2317's are not legal. 2315's are the largest legal arrow. The 2317's are just a couple of thousandths oversize for the judge's gauge.

I have used several different arrows. In aluminum, I prefer 2312's. I don't care for a heavy arrow, most aluminums, I have tried were very stiff with the poundage I was shooting. To be soften the spine, I would use heavy tips and leave long. Because of the longer lock time of the heavy arrow, I saw a lot more variation. I am just not steady enough at the release.

I tried Fatboys, but saw some inaccuracy because of spine variation. One arrow was constantly hitting left and the next was constantly hitting right, etc. I am now shooting Hippos and really like them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.