Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had my bow all sighted in and felt comfortable out to 40 and ok out to 50...then i took the bow out for a practice session yesterday and shot way low/left 3 arrows in a row! since i had a consistent pattern, i decided something was amiss and i readjusted the sights quite a bit. the adjustments put me back to where i wanted to be at 20yds, then i moved to 30 and it was still good...the slick trick equipped arrow hitting slightly low left compared to the field points but decent. then i moved out to 40 yards and launched one right over the target! deciding that was a fluke, i launched another right over! i moved the pin up a bit and launched another one over. i moved the sight pin a bit more and tried another arrow and it hit right on elevation-wise but about 10" wide right! in the end, i lost an Easton Axis out in the weeds :( and i am frustrated!

what the heck? it was sighted in before out to 50...none of my pins have moved and for some reason here i am having to make gang adustments as well as pin adjustments...grrrr...

now my confidence is not too high for hunting this weekend. :cry:

·
Registered
402 Posts
STOP !! You're scarrin me !

I'm about to buy some slick tricks tomorrow and start shooting them to see what the difference is going to be on my field points that are hitting at 50 too.
Keep this post updated if you figure out whats up > I want to know bro !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Slick Tricks??? Broadheads i assume? I shoot the G5 Tekan and i have never shot any broadhead that flies as true to a field point as these do!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Slick Tricks??? Broadheads i assume? I shoot the G5 Tekan and i have never shot any broadhead that flies as true to a field point as these do!
Here we go :uzi: <-----------<<<

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this certainly wasn't meant to be a bash and it should be noted that last week the slick tricks were sighted in...i'm just not too sure what happened...maybe 3rd axis but i don't know if that explains the 20 and 30 yds being on and suddenly 40 is way off...

·
Registered
64 Posts
If everything is tight and nothing has moved I bet your anchoring at a different point. I thought I had it down too but would shoot good one time then not another. I bought a kisser button 2 yrs ago but never put it on. After reading some threads on hear I gave it a try. It worked!! Shooting better and more consistent than I ever have. Try a kisser button. Just a suggestion.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good suggestion. i don't think that's the case as i try to make sure i anchor the same way everytime but it certainly could be the case. i may try it out!

·
Registered
502 Posts
If nothing has moved I would look at your anchor point or your peep a small movement in your peep can make a big difference also if it dose not turn around properly you will tend to change your anchor point to compensate
Gung

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
It ain't the slick tricks!

i would say that somethign on your bow has changed or you were just yanking the shot. I shot my Slick Tricks out to 80 yards the other night and they were right on with my field points.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I agree if nothng on the bow changed... The only variable is you.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Possibly canting the bow??? Are you using the sight level?

·
Registered
409 Posts
gotta be you

i shot an arrow with razor trick from 20 yds and walked back to 60 and cut the fletching off the first arrow.wont do that again cause lumenocks are too expensive to bust

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Possibly canting the bow??? Are you using the sight level?
could definately be...i have occasionally checked my level when i am at full draw, but don't make a habit of it. i will have to pay attention from now on.

for those turning this into a crusade for or against ST broadheads, as i said, that's not the issue here; i am happy with my STs (though, in truth, they didn't hit right with my field tips but they were close).

thanks for the ideas!!

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Could you give us your bow and arrow specs. Could be borderline weak. How good a group can you shoot with field tips at 40?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts

Where in the original post did it say "My broadheads don't shoot well. Recommend something else."?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Could you give us your bow and arrow specs. Could be borderline weak. How good a group can you shoot with field tips at 40?
could be borderline - Martin Pantera ~68lb, 27" draw w/ Axis Nano 400 @ 26 3/4" with 100gr heads

as far as groups with field tips, again, regardless of tip, i was shooting decent groups at 40 previously - it just seems like something went in the toilet for some reason. i just don't get why everything changed like it did (having to make gang adjustments and then individual adjustments on the 40yd pin) and especially why the 40 was so far to the right...

i'll keep practicing!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts