Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Mark
5,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With so many positive reviews on AT regarding boot insulation covers I decided to buy a pair. Pro Bass had them on sale for $29 so I ordered them. I wear a size 10 boot and size 10/11 they recommend a size Large. I also seen a few reviews saying they run small and I wanted easy to get on so I ordered Extra Large.

Guess what, I can’t even get my boots inside of these things! I have Rocky 1000 gram leather boots and they do have a large heavy heel. So if your buying a pair keep that in mind. I’m sure with gym shoes they are plenty big!

I’m very disappointed and willing to try a different brand. For those using boot covers and wearing a heavier boot what brand do you recommend? Any pointers on size is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Just Do It.....
30,245 Posts
1000 gram boots are going to make your feet sweat if you walk any distance at all. Sweaty feet are going to become cold feet if you stationary for long in cold temperatures.

·
Bettering the last.....
5,716 Posts
I wear a 12 and tried an XL with my hiking boots, not gonna happen. Tried it with a slipper, nope. I returned them.

Might try out suits but they're a lot more $. https://bootsuits.com/

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Have you found these to be that superior to the Artic Shields or others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Need to get to town,fasst
6,018 Posts
With so many positive reviews on AT regarding boot insulation covers I decided to buy a pair. Pro Bass had them on sale for $29 so I ordered them. I wear a size 10 boot and size 10/11 they recommend a size Large. I also seen a few reviews saying they run small and I wanted easy to get on so I ordered Extra Large.

Guess what, I can’t even get my boots inside of these things! I have Rocky 1000 gram leather boots and they do have a large heavy heel. So if your buying a pair keep that in mind. I’m sure with gym shoes they are plenty big!

I’m very disappointed and willing to try a different brand. For those using boot covers and wearing a heavier boot what brand do you recommend? Any pointers on size is appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Great. I ordered a pair also but in size large. I am wearing a size 10 boot as well. Oh well. If they don't fit I will be returning them.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I wear a size 13 and my xl Artic Shields fit fine. They are 10 + years old though. And like everyone says no need for the big insulated boots. Counter productive. I would not be caught without my Artic Shields when it gets below 20.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wear a size 11 aerosport lacrosse and bought the xxl size and they work pretty good.

·
Registered
4,490 Posts
Definatly buy larger than you think and no need to wear much mor ethan low gram hiker boot with them.

They pack small. That I like.

Do the bootsuits pack down?

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
i use hotmocs, similar item but doesn't cover the whole foot/boot. it stops just below the ankle. i wear a size 10 boot and their xl's fit great.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
When I knew I was going to use them, I'd wear un-insulated rubber boots. Easier to walk in and when I got to where I needed to be, and slipped the covers on, the warmth from my boots kept my feet comfortable. 1000gram boot is pretty big

·
YouThinkIcan't?!WatchMe
7,084 Posts
I have those icebreakers booth covers https://www.amazon.com/Icebreaker-Blanket-Large-Mossy-Breakup/dp/B0002EET0Q and I wear a regular waterproof shoes to my stand. They fit perfectly and keep me warm all the time. No need to wear those heavy large boots. But it depends of course where you hunt. We hunt a private land about 90 acres. We have walking trails made so not much of a walk.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
I wear some size 12 Red head 900 gram shoes and they fit fine in the XL size. Anything any bulkier would need the XXL.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I wear Muck Arctic Pro boots in size 10 and I ordered a size XL - 12/13 for over top of them and they fit fine even have a little room in them !

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I have a pair of the arctic shield boot covers, and they did nothing for me. I think my feet actually got colder w/ them on. A lot of guys on here recommended the"boot blankets" I think by icebreaker. I ordered a pair. We'll see.

·
Beer Whisperer
11,060 Posts
I wear Muck Arctic Pro boots in size 10 and I ordered a size XL - 12/13 for over top of them and they fit fine even have a little room in them !
Me too.

Although, I usually just wear my field blazers with an adhesive back handwarmer stuck inside on the top of each one. I think I could get by with tennis shoes with that combo. No need for heavy boots.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts