Archery Talk Forum banner

ASA 2009 Pro/Am Rules Finalized

1373 17
The ASA 2009 Pro/Am Rules of Competition are available for download at

http://asaforum.com/index.php?topic=5949.0

Good luck and I hope to see everyone in 2009.

LD
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· I am nobody.........
8,668 Posts
Free Pull.........according to my interpretation........

Once your group has finished shooting the target your group will take 5 steps inside the stake. Once the groups on both sides of you have finished shooting and have advanced forward of the stake then your group is free to go pull the arrows. This appears to be an attempt to stop bottlenecks that can occur at times when a group goes to pull arrows before the groups on both sides of them have finished shooting.

· Registered
12,283 Posts
...so every class in unknown yardage except the two "known yardage" classes, correct?
Don't think so...you have the 50k and the 45K...then you have Bow Novice which is 100% known...then I think the Hunter class is half and half.

Anybody who wants to jump on and correct me feel free...I can take it...well, I can take some of it but maybe not all of it...

· Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't think so...you have the 50k and the 45K...then you have Bow Novice which is 100% known...then I think the Hunter class is half and half.

Anybody who wants to jump on and correct me feel free...I can take it...well, I can take some of it but maybe not all of it...
Good Start:

All Eagle Classes, All Pro Classes, Open A, Semi-Professional, Senior and Super Senior: All Unknown

All Youth Classes, Women's Open, Senior Women, Open B & C, Hunter, Young Adult: Half Known/ Half Unknown

K50 & K45, Bow Novice, Women's Hunter: All Known

Did I miss anybody?

LD

Free pull is when you wait for the group on either side to finish and then you go pull your arrows. That's normal procedure...

· Registered
13,177 Posts
Good Start:

All Eagle Classes, All Pro Classes, Open A, Semi-Professional, Senior and Super Senior: All Unknown

All Youth Classes, Women's Open, Senior Women, Open B & C, Hunter, Young Adult: Half Known/ Half Unknown

Did I miss anybody?

LD

Free pull is when you wait for the group on either side to finish and then you go pull your arrows. That's normal procedure...
Thinking out of the box...and getting something in there for EVERYBODY...and stepping stones for people to advance to ALL UNKNOWN if they choose to do so. I like this reality of ASA making changes and NOT depending upon the same ole thing over and over and expecting different results! Good job ldfalks!

How much trouble would I get into if I declined to hold an umbie for a shooter in my group, however? My philosophy doesn't go along with this aspect...I won't use an umbie for wind breaking, and don't hold atune to holding an umbie for wind-breaking for other competitors as well...just MY balywix...and I can't buy shooting outdoors and using aids to block off wind at the shooting line....Pretty much all that stops me from shooting ASA, really. The rest of it sounds like a real fun thing...and very, very highly competitive.

field14:tongue::wink:

· Registered
5,033 Posts
Good Start:

Did I miss anybody?

LD

Dee, I would like add:

Unlimited is all unknown.
QD would cry if we didnt mention them...

Traditonal is also all unknown
Bubba dean would be sad if they forgot about them.

· Registered
5,033 Posts
Thinking out of the box...and getting something in there for EVERYBODY...and stepping stones for people to advance to ALL UNKNOWN if they choose to do so. I like this reality of ASA making changes and NOT depending upon the same ole thing over and over and expecting different results! Good job ldfalks!

How much trouble would I get into if I declined to hold an umbie for a shooter in my group, however? My philosophy doesn't go along with this aspect...I won't use an umbie for wind breaking, and don't hold atune to holding an umbie for wind-breaking for other competitors as well...just MY balywix...and I can't buy shooting outdoors and using aids to block off wind at the shooting line....Pretty much all that stops me from shooting ASA, really. The rest of it sounds like a real fun thing...and very, very highly competitive.

field14:tongue::wink:

No one says you have to hold one or use it for that matter. I will say it does help though when ya get on the one range and that particular target is set looking into the sun in the morning. It does help shade the sun out. But its the shooters choice. SO pick ya poison and roll with it :)

· Registered
13,177 Posts
No one says you have to hold one or use it for that matter. I will say it does help though when ya get on the one range and that particular target is set looking into the sun in the morning. It does help shade the sun out. But its the shooters choice. SO pick ya poison and roll with it :)
Oh, but grasshopper...you read into this a bit more than meets the eye...(pun intended) we FIELD and TARGET shooters have used CAPS to SHADE THE PEEP OR SCOPE so the shooter could SEE for years and years...but we NEVER dreamt to use an UMBIE to BLOCK THE WIND.

The ONLY part of the umbie thing I'm opposed to is that issue..>BLOCKING THE WIND for the shooter on the line/stake. The rest of it is fine...no biggy.

I"ll hold the umbie to give the shade so the shooter can SEE THE TARGET or the SCOPE, or both...but will NOT hold the umbie to BLOCK THE WIND.

I'd even hold it to block the rain in a downpour....although REAL fieldies...well...we shoot in the elements if we have to...maybe dumb to get drenched...but we did it anyways..but NEVER EVER blocked the wind for the shooter at the stake.

Against my principles...won't have it done for me, and won't do it for others...

And...well..you and I both know...that WHEN I would refuse to hold an umbie to BLOCK THE WIND...they'd kick my arse out of the group or make me the pariah....so....I withhold from attending ASA for ONLY that reason.

I'm liking what I see going on with the ASA and their forward thinking and courage to make changes with the times and not keep just truding along with the same ole mentality all the time. Great organization, great planning, and great foresight!

I'm thinking of joining the ASA and supporting it with my membership even tho I probably won't compete...they DESERVE THE SUPPORT for all the ASA is doing to advance the game of archery and the sport of bowhunting.

How do i JOIN UP into this ASA organization?

field14

· Registered
2,817 Posts
Good Start:

Did I miss anybody?

LD

LD,
You forgot about us few but mighty finger shooters!:wink: We shoot half and half too.

· Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LD,
You forgot about us few but mighty finger shooters!:wink: We shoot half and half too.
Limited Class: 50/50

Unlimited Class and Traditional Class: All Unknown

Good catch, Thanks

Field14, I'm uploading an ASA Membership form for you and anyone else who wants to join.

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.