Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great job ASA once again for a well ran and fun shoot. Great ranges and as always a challenge. Wonderful weather and great facilities. Can't wait for Paris.

· Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree. That was my first time to Hattiesburg, I was impressed.

The ranges were the toughest ASA ranges I've seen.

Open A was a tough one!
The same ranges I shot. At least 5 targets well over max and one at 50+. Gotta love the challange.

· Registered
1,179 Posts
LA Basscat-There were no targets over the max or at 50+ on either C or D. If you want to see the yardage sheets just go to the trailer and ask to see them(after the shoot of course:smile:). Every target on those ranges or any other for that matter were shot with the Nikon and were within the max for the class.

· Registered
3,023 Posts
The same ranges I shot. At least 5 targets well over max and one at 50+. Gotta love the challange.
...no they weren't LAdotBASSCAT...

LA Basscat-There were no targets over the max or at 50+ on either C or D. If you want to see the yardage sheets just go to the trailer and ask to see them(after the shoot of course:smile:). Every target on those ranges or any other for that matter were shot with the Nikon and were within the max for the class.
...ah, I see the DEAN of BUBBA has already seen his way to reply to your "over yardage" statement :thumbs_up

...he's kinda like that :darkbeer:

...while there are ALWAYS a number of shooters who "claim" that some of the targets are "past maximum" when they get back home and start to post up on the internet...

...it just isn't so...the ASA does it's utmost best to "ensure" that all targets are set within the confines of the yardage for the class...and they do an EXCELLENT job of doing just that...

...every yeere there are less "errors" when it comes to setting ranges...and now only seem to rarely appear if a range that had been set prior, is changed to another class at the last minute...but even then, they do their best to be sure targets are within the alloted parameters :cool:

...I shot the K-45 ranges and we shot the targets with the very same rangefinder that the ASA uses and all targets were EXACTLY what the ASA sheet said they were...

...the courses were tough and I for one like them tough, whether known or unknown...

...for this being the very first time I have shot "known" distances on any 3D course, it was nice to know the yardage ahead of the shot, but "making" the shot was still an issue :D

...the ASA PRO-AMS...it just don't get any better...

...whether PRO or greenhorn Novice...your game is the ASA...JUST COME ON AND GET YOU SOME :cool:

· Registered
221 Posts
talk to range off,s after i had shot the two targets on d range they said they were both over 46 yards this was because the known 50 shot the same courses as aclass look for more longer ranges you may not a target under 40 yards in texas????????:angry:

· Registered
3,023 Posts
talk to range off,s after i had shot the two targets on d range they said they were both over 46 yards this was because the known 50 shot the same courses as aclass look for more longer ranges you may not a target under 40 yards in texas????????:angry:
...the ASA would not knowingly put a class that shoots 40 or 45 yard "max" on a 50 yard range...unless there was a HUGE ERROR on someones part...

...4SHOTSHY...what class did you shoot in Hattiesburg and who were the range officials that told you this???...

...if this in fact happened Mike Tyrell will want to know about it and heads will roll!!!...

...there are times however when other classes will shoot the longer ranges but will have stakes set in front of the long stakes from where they shoot from...in the past there have been some shooters that shot from the wrong stake and claimed the course was set long...

· Registered
357 Posts
I have shot open A for 3 years now and since they have started shooting open A and semi-pro on the C and D ranges we have always had a few targets over the 45 yard max. And there we three targets on the D range over 45 yards. I talked to the guy who set the range after the shoot on Sunday.

Later and see everyone in Paris

· Registered
357 Posts
I was not complaining about the ranges. I had a great time and a great group. I like the way the ASA ranges are set with long, medium and short shots. This keeps you on your toes as far as judging goes.

· Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
D-9 was no less than 49. D-20 at least 47. I'm not complaining though. I enjoyed the challenge. K-50 was shot on that range along with semi. Not trying to bash anyone, I'm actually praising ASA for a great shoot. Stretch them, we all gotta shoot the same ones.

· Registered
3,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was not complaining about the ranges. I had a great time and a great group. I like the way the ASA ranges are set with long, medium and short shots. This keeps you on your toes as far as judging goes.
Same here!!!!!

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Glad y'all had a good time and aren't upset over a foot or two. I am glad that the ASA is making ranges tougher.......after all this is a national tournament and the ranges should reflect that. Hope you shot well and are getting ready for Paris.

· Registered
15,353 Posts
...the ASA would not knowingly put a class that shoots 40 or 45 yard "max" on a 50 yard range...unless there was a HUGE ERROR on someones part...

...4SHOTSHY...what class did you shoot in Hattiesburg and who were the range officials that told you this???...

...if this in fact happened Mike Tyrell will want to know about it and heads will roll!!!...

...there are times however when other classes will shoot the longer ranges but will have stakes set in front of the long stakes from where they shoot from...in the past there have been some shooters that shot from the wrong stake and claimed the course was set long...
He and I shot the open A class. I was there to here it just as 4shot told you. Semi pro shot the same range. No big deal to me. I don't rely on max distance, I rely on judging yardage.

· Registered
113 Posts
BassCat is correct....I shot Semi-Pro in Hattiesburg

I shot D-9 (my first target of the whole dang shoot on Saturday) for 48.5 yards and hit a center 10...

Target D-20 I shot for 47 yards and hit center 10 as well. There was a couple of other targets on the D range that were 45+

It was a very challenging shoot with the narrow lanes and semi-downhill shots...but I LOVED every second of it....one of the most challenging courses that I have ever shot!!!

BassCat...can't wait to see you and the wife at the Paris shoot. Tiff and I will be there...we should be in the trailer lot right next to you again this year...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.