Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious what is the difference in all these organizations. I shot 3d and i shoot spots at 20 yards in winter. I love to shoot and everyone keeps mentioning all these different shoots but i don't know differences. Like fielld archery what is that? Do they shoot at known distances or what. I know there is probally a lot of different shooting competions but any help would help.

D

·
0 Posts
BUDSHOOTER...

...left you some reading material;) ...

>>>---DD--->:)

...no help on FITA...I always thought it was some kind of bread for sandwiches:rolleyes: ...

PS>>>--->:D

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
it's been covered in a number of threads, if you do a search (right hand corner button) you can find more info.

-CG

D

·
0 Posts
the ASA has their own web site...

...check it out>>--> www.asaarchery.com :) ...

...ibo has one too...not sure if FITA does or not??...

...excuse me...can you pass the grey poupon:) ...

>>>---DD--->;)

PS...CLEVER_GUY is correct...this is how I found the topics I brought back T-o T-he T-op for you BUDSHOOTER:) ...

...I didn't put FITA into the "search" criteria...but give it a shot if you'd like to know more...

...I figured of the MANY members heere...at least ONE or TWO would take the time to give you a brief synapsis on FITA...

...I guess maybe they have better things to do than answer simple questions from interested archers!!...

...good luck BUD:) ...hope to see you at an ASA event in the future...

·
Archery Coach
23,291 Posts
(Just to get DonDeere's Goat:D :D )

FITA is the world governing body for Olympic Archery. They sponsor several world championships. The world outdoor championships happen every odd numbered year. (recently in NYC). Two divisions-olympic bow and compound bow. They also hold a world indoor championship on odd years (same divisions) but they also have a youth division for each bow. On even years, they sponsor a world outdoor Junior event-same two bow divisions, two age divisions 18 and under and 16 and other. On even years, they also sponsor a world field shoot. three bows, olympic compound and barebow (an olympic recurve with no sights etc).

FITA field is far tougher than NFAA field-the first day is unmarked targets-four different sizes set between 5 meters (bb) and 50M(bb) or 10-55 for the other bows. the second day is marked and that goes up to 60m for compound and olympic bows.

FITA rules control the olympics, the Pan An Games, the Grand Prix tournaments,etc. The standard outdoor round is a "FITA"-36 arrows at 4 different distances -for men 90 and 70meters on a 122cm gold,red, blue, black and white target and 50 and 30m on an 80cm target. There is also the Olympic round which is a head to head competition consisting of 18 arrow matches at 70m and (in the last rounds) 12 arrow matches. Indoor is normally 60 arrows on a 40 cm gold etc target at 18m (20 yards). The National Archery Association (NAA) is the FITA delgate in the USA and the US NGB for the Olympics. NAA tournaments usually follow FITA rules

1 - 7 of 7 Posts