Archery Talk Forum banner

ASA-Paris, got some questions.....

727 Views 16 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  bhtr3d
This will be my first ASA, and I got a few questions. My wife and 5 year old son are going with me, what can I expect as far as time on the range? Also, are there typical start times? Or do you find that out when you register?

Anything else you think I need to know would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Cody
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,425 Posts
time on the range just say bring a stool I was on a range for 4 1/2 hours yeah you start 1 day at like 11 and 1 day at 8 hope it helps go 2 asaarchery.com

· Registered
4,525 Posts
you can figure between 3-5 hours range time and typically a 8 am start or 11 am start depending on class. when you register they will give you a card with range assignment and start time.

· Registered
7,911 Posts
you could not have picked a better shoot for the first one. They put on an awesome barbecue dinner saturday night at the sight.The walk to all the ranges is nice and they have out done themselves as far as the trails.
Most of the class start at 11 or noon on saturday and 8 on sunday. Most of the vendors are inside which is a plus if we have bad weather.Make sure you pack rubber boots just in case the weather is bad last year was a mud fest.

· Registered
4,525 Posts
you mean i dont have to worry about mudrunner trying to pass out going up the hill past the practice range like hattiesburg?...sweettttttttttttttt

· Registered
1,792 Posts
you mean i dont have to worry about mudrunner trying to pass out going up the hill past the practice range like hattiesburg?...sweettttttttttttttt
You're an a**hole, you know that...

I had a MAJOR sinus infection, and couldn't breath right, and you know it!

It's not 3-miles long like the Hattiesburg was, is it?

· Registered
5,033 Posts
walking is flat, trails are crushed stone, the bridge should be in for the cut through for the back ranges, i think. I wish they would use the area as the first year it was there for the practice range. Right next to the building and better grass/ground to shoot on. Plus, its with the little effel tower in the background.

Another, nice thing is there is a concession stand out by the ranges as well as indoors.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So if I sign up on-line, I'm assuming I'll get something in the mail, and it'll tell me where to go when I get there?

Thanks again for all the help.

· Registered
5,033 Posts
So if I sign up on-line, I'm assuming I'll get something in the mail, and it'll tell me where to go when I get there?

Thanks again for all the help.
Yes, if you sign up online. You should get a confirmation. The shooter cards go out about a week before the shoot. If you don't get it by then just call the office 770-795-0232 and they'll fix you right up.

· Registered
649 Posts
Range Time

The MOST important thing to remember is to have fun!!! And since you are bringin' the family, they can walk along with you while you're having all that fun. Just try to take in as much as you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions, just be prepared to get too many answers. Meet some new friends and have a ball. Caution...it's addicting.

· Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The MOST important thing to remember is to have fun!!! And since you are bringin' the family, they can walk along with you while you're having all that fun. Just try to take in as much as you can. Don't be afraid to ask questions, just be prepared to get too many answers. Meet some new friends and have a ball. Caution...it's addicting.
That's my biggest fear....addiction, ha. I'll go to a shoot on Saturday here, and that's all I'll think about until the next Saturday, I love them. I'm so stoked about Paris that it's all I think about and it's still 3 weeks away!

Thanks again for all the information and help. I don't know what to expect and all ya'll tell me is that much better. How about practice ranges, I'm sure there are tons of them?

Cody

· Registered
5,033 Posts
there are 3 bags at 20/25/30/35/40/45/50 each. There is also the 10 target 3d SIMMS range you can shoot as many times you want for 10 dollars each....(Meaning) You could take 1st/2nd/3rd/ in your class if you shot 3 times.

There is also the 20 target practice range for one time fee you can shoot it all you want.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.