Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally broke down and bought a 3-D suit from ASAT. I love the pattern and have a few of their items, but the first thing that hit me is how loud the polyester is when it rubs together. Does it quiet down with age or washing?

PS this isnt a bashing, I love the suit and its not loud enough to keep me from using it, its just a little louder than what I expected

· Registered
14,752 Posts
i run mine through the washer once sofar and it did help....but like you said its not really that loud anyway.

· Registered
401 Posts
I'm usually pretty anal about making too much noise in the woods especially when walking in before first light when you can hear a pin drop. I can't remember ever thinking that my suit is noisy so I'd assume it softens after a few washes

· Registered
105 Posts
agree with the washing machine

Had the same issue a couple of years ago when I bought mine. Washed it 5 or 6 times prior to hunting, quiet as can be, anyway leaves make noise when the wind blows, why wouldn't fake leaves?

Terry G

· Registered
5,106 Posts
I have not had that issue with mine. I have shot deer as close as 3 yards with it on while ground hunting and they never heard me draw.
Dan

· Registered
291 Posts
The noise

caused a doe to hangup at 30 yd on me Tues AM. She was behind a clump of maple - watched her close from 70 yds out. As I shifted to get ready for a shot in my 24yd lane, I heard the suit rustle, she step forward 1 step on alert, stomped her foot turned and walked away. I thought about it and have had deer within 5-14 yds several times without a problem. My suit has been washed at least 6 times and has been worked over in several multiflora rose thickets. I think the problem was that day it was dead quiet and calm - 3" rain the day before and no leaves to make noise. Other times no problem but if Ma nature isn't making noise, the suit may do you in. JMO.

· Registered
170 Posts
As Terry G said: leaves make noise when the wind blows, why wouldn't fake leaves?

But if you are concerned about the noice your suit makes, just wash it!
But, do not use regular detergent and fabric softeners.

Use detergent like ATSKOS Sport-Wash (or similar) that has no brighteners, fragrances, and other residue in it.

And the more you use the suit out in the field, the softer will it get!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.