Archery Talk Forum banner

ASAT camo question

1477 17
I was just looking on ASAT's website. They have what looks to be an awesome deal on 3D leafy suits listed under the paintball/airssoft section. It does note that the items have not passed UV testing. For $20.00 for the top or the pant can I go wrong here? Other than the UV testing, I can't see a difference from the other leafy suits they sale. Just wondering if I'm overlooking something.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
288 Posts
ASAT camo is the BEST EVER! I know the owner personally and he is the nicest and most honest guy you could meet. I met him when I saw him at a show and I told him that I loved the leafy camo suit but my pants hung to low in the crotch and made it difficult to hike. He said "that was our old sewer and we have improved them, what is your address and I'll send you another set". Two weeks later, they arrived and were just as he mentioned. I have spoken with him at many other events since then and I would have NO doubt that if it goes bad, he will stand behind it. ASAT is a no brainer for me!

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$40.00 for an entire leafy suit!!! I can't even find another 3D suit at that price, not to mention that it's ASAT. I think I'm gonna order up. It doesn't say it won't pass the UV testing. It only states it hasn't been tested.

· Registered
14,752 Posts
$40.00 for an entire leafy suit!!! I can't even find another 3D suit at that price, not to mention that it's ASAT. I think I'm gonna order up. It doesn't say it won't pass the UV testing. It only states it hasn't been tested.
this is what it says............ UV is a bunk anyway IMO
THESE ITEMS DO NOT PASS OUR STRICT UV TEST. GOOD FOR PAINTBALL, AIRSOFT ETC!!!

· Registered
13 Posts
The ASAT 3d Leafy Suits listed on the website in the Paintball/Airsoft section should NOT be used for hunting as they have been tested for UV and have been found to glow. Please enjoy them for "playtime" only, and order a first quality suit for hunting and/or scouting.

Thanks,
Jennifer

· Registered
12,006 Posts
nice find. First lite wool seems like it has some great stuff for 2009 except it doesn't come out till July.

· Arrow-minded Conservative
3,308 Posts
My 3D suit arrived last week.

I was tempted by the $20 items, but I didn't want to worry about the whole UV thing. I don't know if it is real or not, but I spent the extra $20/item on the clearance page and still got a full suit for $80. I'm happy!

PS: Jennifer is tops!

· Registered
10,318 Posts
The ASAT 3d Leafy Suits listed on the website in the Paintball/Airsoft section should NOT be used for hunting as they have been tested for UV and have been found to glow. Please enjoy them for "playtime" only, and order a first quality suit for hunting and/or scouting.

Thanks,
Jennifer
Guys, there is no gimmick with the cheap suits. They are what they are, exactly as the website states, and just as Jennifer stated. Instead of being leary of ASAT and this severely discounted price, you oughta take notice that ASAT takes the time to only market hunting clothes that have been UV tested.

yes, Eric W, Jennifer is tops!!!

· Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The "paintball" leafy suit was delivered yesterday. After comparing with my neighbors $130.00 suit we couldn't find any different except for manufacturing country. He was slightly sick to his stomach when he found out my suit was $40.00. We didn't do any UV testing but the turkey's this morning never knew I was in the world. Of course if I get busted by that booner this deer season because of UV I will be sick then. Couldn't be more pleased with the suit!!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.