Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had e-mailed Chuck Pensyl at ASAT camoflage a couple of times, with no response. The last time I included my phone number. The next day I received a phone call from Chuck ( presedent of ASAT) apologising for not responding right away. He helped me figure out what size of 3D suite to order, and said it will be shipped right away, and not to worry about sending a check untill after I have tried the suit out for awhile, and decide whether or not to keep it. How many companies would do that for their customers? Not many I think. If their camo is anything like the people that run ASAT it ought to be pretty good stuff. I'll let everyone here at archery talk know how well it performs for me this year.:)

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well, you had better luck with them than me. I to also talk to Chuck Pensyl about my order 2 months ago. Still have not seen the camo as of yet. So I ordered Predator and am not happy with ASAT at all.

·
Shut up and Shoot!!!
6,256 Posts
Chuck is a super guy and will do whatever it takes to make it right with you. I bought several items including the leafy suit and I think it is awesome.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
ASAT is great!

I can't possibly imagine someone having a hard time with ASAT or Chuck? Gotta be some miscommunications?
I ordered a Pro Vanish 3D suit on a Thursday and had it the following Monday.......Followed a day or 2 later with a personal e-mail from Chuck asking how I liked it!

Awesome camo, and a great guy behind the scenes.
From the little bit of testing I've done so far, this ASAT camo is simply unreal. I agree Predator is really good stuff, but I honestly think ASAT has it beat, especially in this new 3D suit.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I guess I can try contacting him again. I sure would like to try out their camo if possible.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Mustang.

Pm me your phone number and I will call Chuck and get him to call you.

I will say one thing tho Chuck has been swamped with orders lately and going to shows on the week ends plus he has a day job.

Chuck is a great guy and will bend over backwards if you want.
I talk to him 3 or 4 times a week on the phone placeing orders or confirming delivery dates for my customers down here in TX.

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
By the way, I got a little question of understanding the leafy stuff.
Unfortunately I still got problems browsing the ASAT website.

What is the difference of the "Ultimate Leafy suit" and the "Vanish Pro" clothing?
The suit is coming with a VisorPro. Is that the "VanishPro VisorPro" or another one?

Thanks
Markus

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've used my suit a few times this year... in trees and off the ground... only one word describes it...AWESOME

It works for blending into corn, marshgrass, cattails, and when in a tree, it breaks up your outline. Not to mention the construction/quality is unbelievable, and it's so nice to really have an "All season, all terrain" camo pattern seeing as how I hunt anywhere from the pine swamps of the Upper Peninsula to the hardwood ridges of central wisconsin, on the ground and from trees.

The only proplem I've had is when I first got it, I washed it in sportwash, and then stuck it in the dryer before I read the label stating "Do not dry in dryer." It seemed to have faded ever so slightly... anyone else have this problem, or is the fading normal?

·
Registered
83 Posts
My buddy has a new 3-D ASAT suit and it is LOUD! Do these things get softer over time? I might like one, but not with all the noise his made.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Noise

Whiskey,
I thought the same exact thing when i got my 3D suit, but took Chuck's advice and washed it a few times right off the bat with some old pairs of jeans and it started to soften up immediately.

I'm going to wash it probably 1 or 2 more times prior to the season for good measure........all the 3D suits I've had have been 'Rustly' until I've washe dthem a few times. Its the nature of that Material.
Looks like it will wear like iron though. Well made suit.
I love it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Whiskey.
The 3d suits do soften up after a few washings.
I have had my suit now for over a year and it has been through hell and back with some of the places I hunt.

If the 3d suit can stand up to the punishment I have given mine they will stand up to just about anything a deer hunter can throw at them.;)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Markus

What is the difference of the "Ultimate Leafy suit" and the "Vanish Pro" clothing?
Nothing.

The suit is coming with a VisorPro. Is that the "VanishPro VisorPro" or another one?
-------------------------------------------------------
Copied from the ASAT web site
This ALL NEW VanishPro™ ¾ Face Mask, designed and developed by Tim Lenartz, has a built in sweat band that really works great. It’s secured by 2 elastic bands for easy adjustment and pulls down to your neck when you don’t need it
-----------------------------------------------------------

The VanishPro as stated above is only a 3/4 face mask for those who dont like a full headnet.

----------------------------------------------------------
Copied from the ASAT web site
VisorPro™ Headnet that is included in the ASAT® VanishPro™ Ultimate 3-D suit, has a cable-lock rear drawstring,
----------------------------------------------------------------

The VisorPro is the standard full head net that comes with each 3d suit it has its own visor but you can also wear a cap under it which I do.

I hope this has helped Markus

1 - 14 of 14 Posts