Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone that has any experiences in these same environments please let me know. I'm in the market for some new camo and have these 2 at the top of my list. I mainly hunt in trees........pine, cedar, oak (white, red ect.) Does either one of these camos perfrom a lil better in these types of tress than the other or are they about the same? Ive seen the pics for ASAT but I was wondering if anyone had any experiences or thoughts. Thanks.

·
Registered
603 Posts
savedbygrace,

I too am from Alabama. I have Mossy Oak, Realtree, Kelly Camo, and even some Treebark camo. I have killed deer while wearing all of the above and while wearing various combinations of any of the above. I have killed deer while wearing blue jeans and a sweatshirt. I don't think camo matters one bit.

I was once a timber buyer and I spent hundreds of days per year in the woods and I encountered deer on almost a weekly basis. I would always be wearing a hunter orange cruiser's vest when I was in the woods. I can't count the times that I have had deer walk past me within a matter of 6 feet to 30 yards that never saw me. A couple of really big bucks were among these. I believe that deer see movement more than anything. I also know that they will pick you out in a tree, if you aren't well hidden, no matter what camo you are wearing.

Pick the camo YOU like. I don't think the deer will notice the change.:wink:

3L

·
Registered
44 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with with either. ASAT makes a leafy suit that you can wear in warm weather or wear on top of your cold weather clothing. I don't have it, yet, but hear it runs about a size large so just order your regular size if you are going to be wearing it over other clothing.

·
Don't Blink!
3,140 Posts
ASAT or Predator...pick your poison because they're both great. I chose the ASAT 3D Leafy Suit because it allows me to wear whatever i want underneath from early season to the colder months. Heck, even when it's really cold (for MD & WVa anyways:wink: ) I'll wear the jacket underneath my Heater Body Suit just for that multi-pattern effect when I slip out for the shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts