Archery Talk Forum banner

Asat... Wow!...

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  FallFever 
#1 ·
Well, I got to try my 3-D ASAT yesterday and found that there really is a difference between it and the other blob-tree patterns.

I researched posts all over the interenet for months this year before making a purchase. Everything I read was positive, and some were a little amazing and sounded a little far fetched: stalking up to deer in open field, standing and waving arms while deer looked in their direction, etc.

Far fetched, but I got a chance to experience a similar event. I had a doe come in through a thicket to an open shooting lane at about twenty yards. I didn't get prepared for the shot because I was trying to get a look at her with bino's as she approached to make sure she wasn't a small buck.

She stooped in the open road turned and looked toward me when I bumped my bow in a hurry to get bow ready. I knew that she was going to take a few more steps and disappear into another thicket so I decide to begin my experiment.

While she was looking at me I slowly turned, raised my bow and came to full draw. It was like watching a deer on TV; she never flinched. All she did was move her ears back and forth trying ti pinpoint the sound she had picked up. It was like she was looking right through me.

I have never seen anything like that. Never have I been able to move in such a situation, and usually a deer will bust me or at least spook once they have pinpointed me, while motionless, under such circumstances. And, I was plainly in the open. There was absolutely nothing between us to beak up my pattern. I had put artificial leaves on my stand to break it up. Between the stand camo I used and The ASAT, I think I have a winner here. :banana:

P.S. Okay, I will now admit that I flubbed the shot and yanked the trigger pulling shot to the right in front of her. I should blame ASAT for that, too, because I was so taken aback, I lost concentration. :Cry:

No more experiments!

See less See more
#4 ·
Septicsam said:
Well, I got to try my 3-D ASAT yesterday and found that there really is a difference between it and the other blob-tree patterns.

I researched posts all over the interenet for months this year before making a purchase. Everything I read was positive, and some were a little amazing and sounded a little far fetched: stalking up to deer in open field, standing and waving arms while deer looked in their direction, etc.

Far fetched, but I got a chance to experience a similar event. I had a doe come in through a thicket to an open shooting lane at about twenty yards. I didn't get prepared for the shot because I was trying to get a look at her with bino's as she approached to make sure she wasn't a small buck.

She stooped in the open road turned and looked toward me when I bumped my bow in a hurry to get bow ready. I knew that she was going to take a few more steps and disappear into another thicket so I decide to begin my experiment.

While she was looking at me I slowly turned, raised my bow and came to full draw. It was like watching a deer on TV; she never flinched. All she did was move her ears back and forth trying ti pinpoint the sound she had picked up. It was like she was looking right through me.

I have never seen anything like that. Never have I been able to move in such a situation, and usually a deer will bust me or at least spook once they have pinpointed me, while motionless, under such circumstances. And, I was plainly in the open. There was absolutely nothing between us to beak up my pattern. I had put artificial leaves on my stand to break it up. Between the stand camo I used and The ASAT, I think I have a winner here. :banana:

P.S. Okay, I will now admit that I flubbed the shot and yanked the trigger pulling shot to the right in front of her. I should blame ASAT for that, too, because I was so taken aback, I lost concentration. :Cry:

No more experiments!
congrats to you on your expermint......ASAT does indeed work.....i'm glad everything worked out for you...if you need anything in the future just let me know.
niteshade:)

#7 ·
Not an experiment but had a similar experience, Had a doe that I had shot at and missed once( hey I just woke up and there she was) and gave me another opportunity, as she watched me in the tree I was able to knock another arrow and draw and take another shot.
I also shot a buck last season that looked right at me I was MAYBE 12ft up at the very most and shakin like a leaf( he is my biggest to date) he watched me and did the head bobbing and I thought he was outta there, then he calmly looked the other way licked his lip and started to walk on Buut he didn't walk 2 steps and I zipped an arrow thru him.

#12 ·
Dchiefransom said:
What are these bomber jackets? All I see on the site are the bowhunter jackets.
the bomber jackets are heavier than the bowhunter jackets.....they are good for mid to late season.....the website is being worked on right now and all the new products will be there.....give ASAT a call and maybe they will send you some info on the bomber jackets:)

#13 ·
full moon said:
the bomber jackets are heavier than the bowhunter jackets.....they are good for mid to late season.....the website is being worked on right now and all the new products will be there.....give ASAT a call and maybe they will send you some info on the bomber jackets:)
Thanks. I'll ask them to send me one. I just thought I could do everything online. I didn't get a deer this year, but had does within 20 yards looking past me unalarmed. I wore the long sleeve tees and the pants. The heavier jacket would be good for rifle season.

#14 ·
Question for one of you folks "in the know" with ASAT.:wink:

Will ASAT make shirts, jackets, and britches for tall guys? Not just XXXL stuff, but longer sleeves and inseams?

I have a good friend who really wants to know.

Thank`s.........:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.