Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Have you tried the Nose button or a variation of it like d loop on your string for your nose. If so what are your thoughts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Have you tried the Nose button or a variation of it like d loop on your string for your nose. If so what are your thoughts.
No, I dont need another anchor point. My nose is on the string and peep centered. I think it is not necessary and would probably take the skin off my nose

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sorry , that got screwed up. If I have a natural ability it is drive to find a better way and I can look at something and usually figure out if there is a better way of doing it. Hard work has been my sucess factor. You have to learn everything and then there is yardage judging that you may never learn. Personally I think it needs to go away. it takes 10,000 hours to be an expert and that is not an understatement

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just curious on your tuning steps from new products. I followed a long trail of dead ends and finally realized I see my best tunes from just going to bareshaft and nock tuning. What's your usual go to and why?

·
Registered
346 Posts
What is the Must See event in archery? My son and I went to (and met you) Bowfest. That was our first big event. We really want to go to a few more big ones.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
for a 31" draw is bowtech planning on releasing anything better than the reckoning 35 for a hunting/3d bow this year?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just curious on your tuning steps from new products. I followed a long trail of dead ends and finally realized I see my best tunes from just going to bareshaft and nock tuning. What's your usual go to and why?
I have an 11 video tuning series on Gold Tips You Tube channel that covers it all. Paper tells no lies. Its all there. If you cant paper tune you cannot bare shaft tune and since you are not shooting a bare shaft Id tune with a fletched one

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Have you tried the leupold fulldraw 4 yet? If so, is it accurate enough for tournament use for cuts or will you continue using your methods that you described last year on the bowjunky podcast?

D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have one and the initial testing is pretty good. I havent had a chance really check it on everything but I will in my OPA prep this year. It is by far the closest. I think I will find that it is close but not perfect. If you are trying to hit 1" 12 rings you better have you stuff together. Everyone wants it easy. Part of shooting slopes is knowing how you and your bow perform in those conditions. I shoot various slopes in and get enough data where I can fill in all the blanks. Be careful and make no assumptions. Every setup seems to be slightly different most likely because the ballistic curve is different in every setup.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
What is your scope setup for 3D? Pin location, size, fiber color? Do you think increasing sight distance from riser on a dovetail has noticeable impact on accuracy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
I do all my own stunts
580 Posts
How much and to what extent has the Covid screwed up your archery career, example: tournaments, practice, public events.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Absolutely. Its the most accurate way to shoot a bow in all conditions, All top rifle and pistol shooters shoot the same but surprise shots are prevalent in archery because people don't know how to control anticipation. There are more and more top shooters shooting my way and I think the best in the world do. Mike Schloesser, Kyle Douglas, Jimmy Lutz to name a few. You have to be able to fire in the middle if you are not able to hold there the entire time. David Tubbs talks about it very well in hi book, High Power Rifle. Not everyone can hold like Chance Beaubouef and when Chance gets outside and has to deal with elements his shot style struggles. Ive tried everything and when I decided to do it my way and the hell with what everybody says, I started winning
Hi Tim,
could you explain your shot sequence for a command shot...
THANKS for taking time to do this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
What is your scope setup for 3D? Pin location, size, fiber color? Do you think increasing sight distance from riser on a dovetail has noticeable impact on accuracy?

i USE A SHREWD Nomad 42mm with a .015 fiber with a 4-5X for IBO and a 6X for ASA(.019). LP light with a blue fiber and a Hamskea Insite peep with clarifier. All of this onthe best sight on the market, Black Gold.

Sight distance should be based on torque tuning. The further the sight is out the higher the scope power also.

·
Registered
44 Posts
How much and to what extent has the Covid screwed up your archery career, example: tournaments, practice, public events.
Well It has limited the events that have been held and you just focus on what is available. Its been nice to stay hom etoo because Ive been running 20-25 events for 18 yrs straight. The break has been nice and It doesnt hurt my feeling if I miss a little indoor;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Tim,
could you explain your shot sequence for a command shot...
THANKS for taking time to do this.
Put the pin in the middle and pull the trigger. Its not much harder than that. You have set your alignment, center the scope and tension and I try to finish with focus on followthrough. The body does what the mind tells it to

·
Registered
255 Posts
With all the talk and marketing around a “forgiving bow”, is there a specific attribute that makes a bow more forgiving for you to shoot? Or is it a combination? Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
44 Posts
With all the talk and marketing around a “forgiving bow”, is there a specific attribute that makes a bow more forgiving for you to shoot? Or is it a combination? Thanks for your time.

String angle is the biggest factor as its a smother launch. The shorter the bow the more critical it is on how you place the pressures in your grip too. Arrows can be more forgiving. I use 4-fletch because it straightens out my mistakes faster. Clearance, launcher angle, launcher side pressure, and a well stabilized bow all contribute to forgiveness

21 - 40 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.