Archery Talk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am shooting Senior BHFS indoors. Do you have any tips to help with pin float?
I am shooting Senior BHFS indoors. Do you have any tips to help with pin float?
I built a bowhunter setup the I took 2nd at vegas. I built a white pin(bead from a craft store) that filled the dot to the blue line on a vegas target. Its soft. That being said stabilization is key and the Bee Stinger Pro Hunter bars are the Best. Id run 3 of the them in vbars. They only have 10" but with the QD you can stay under the 12" with 16oz up front. When you have the mass weight you need to have holding weight to hold it up too. Its a balance between mass weight and the leverage to hold it up(Draw length and holding weight)

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi Tim, Lots of great information and thanks!
What did you find to be the best drill and or bow set up to help you hold on the target? Anything to help with target anticipation or holding off target?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Tim, Lots of great information and thanks!
What did you find to be the best drill and or bow set up to help you hold on the target? Anything to help with target anticipation or holding off target?

Thanks again!
Good Stabilization is key to soft motion. I like long and wide. My vbars are 20" (slow stall Speed) Holding weight is critical and shoot as much mass weight as you can handle) longer bars are softer. I use a 30" and play with the Bee Stinger Extensions to tweak my hold.
Anticipation is caused by fear. Visualizion drills with yourself in control making the perfect shot helps most and focussing on followthrough. The body follows the mind

·
Administrator
2,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Ok folks - thank you all for your questions! We have now reached the end of the AMA.

I'd like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Tim Gillingham for participating in this, and to everybody at the Archery Talk community for your questions.

Take care and be well everybody!

- Dan

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.