Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the navy and stationed away from home and well i am a fish out of water over here. my tactics that i have are all from still hunting in oregon for blacktail and elk, and am without a clue for whitetail and without land to hunt on. if anybody knows some public areas or private land i would be able to exchange work for the rights to hunt it would be much appreciated. thank you.

et3 wade/ usn

·
Registered
819 Posts
Va Dgif

Here's a start on public land http://www.dgif.state.va.us/ . I have never hunted in the Tidewater area, so there's not much I can say about it. I know the VA WMAs can be crowded at times, but it's generally pretty slow in archery season (Spring turkey is a whole other thing - there seems to be as many hunters as trees in the Spring). You will probably be sharing the WMA with small game hunters, though. If you can travel East, the Jefferson/GW National Forest is a good place to go if you don't mind humping it in away from the roads. I used to survey those woods, and if you are willing to walk, you will find some nice deer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.