Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hay at users my question has beeb asked b4 but icaint find the thread anymore. By buddy hasan assasin just like mine and he had problems with his cable slide post loosening up all the time. After closer inspection the set screw hole had a small peice of metal still in the bottom closer to the carbon rod. He used the set screw to push that lil peice of metal through. Re-inserted the cable slide post and tightened back down on it. Hadnt had any problems sence. My assassins seems to have that lil peice of metal also because i backed out the set screw and the cable slide wont back out at all like something is holding on to it. Is this normal??

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has this happened to any one else. If so what didyou do to fix it????

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a single shot bearing under the screw from the factory. Don't know why but you can find more about it in the forums.

·
Registered
10,824 Posts
Are you trying to change the cable guard? If not why are you trying to take it out if it's in there good?

If it's the metal in the bottom of the tap you're concerned about take it back to your dealer and have him fix it, probably just drill it out..

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yes, it's suppose to be there. Not the greatest design, many people have had problems with loose cable rods on the Assassin, mine came loose also. It is there to protect the rod when the set screw is tightened. My set screw was snug but the rod still came loose, so I removed the metal tab and put a small lead split shot down the hole and then secured the set screw on top of that, no problems since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts