Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bringer of truth
14,916 Posts
l.m.a.o...they through the new Assassin up against the sub1 for a side by side comparison.......GOT TO LOVE THOSE SIDE BY SIDE PHOTOS

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Looks like a nice bow , excal gave the customers what they wanted a silent built in Crank that you can use to decock ... I probably won’t have one but it’s a big improvement over their old bows .

·
Huntoholic
10,773 Posts
I'm with jt, I like it, but I'll have to weight and see,, If I buy a new bow this off season this will be one them I will be choosing from, but I really like the looks of the new Stealth even if it does have wheels, it has a sweet camo finish I think.

But with all the time I'll be spending outa town, at the lake this summer, and the projects I have planned,,, well I'll just have to wait and see, but I agree this is very sweet to anyone with back and shoulder issues that loves recurves, they finally showed they are listening!

·
Huntoholic
10,773 Posts
The limb jax, string buffers, and air breaks would be the first add on's to go, same as I did with the suppressor, if their was a difference in noise it wasn't worth mentioning. But the weight distribution and savings dam sure were. I seen no speed difference either, 2 to 4 fps, that means .035" at 40 yards,,, :rolleyes: but sure liked balance and looks a lot better without em.

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
Awesome, Excalibur is the best IMO

·
Registered
9,413 Posts
Glad they came out with the new silent crank system for their other bows. That I might spend the money for.

·
Registered
21,713 Posts
Looks like its got a sliding trigger box. Like the Ravin might be old news lol. I saw a video on Face Book.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Wonder if that has anything to do with me starting a thread about the Sub 1 on the Excal forum? I know the but suckers didn’t like it at all. All I did was compare it to my Suppressor. The Sub 1 is smaller, queiter, faster, easier to cock and uncock and you can work on it your self without a press. It does everything that I bought my Suppressor for better than my Suppressor does!

Now my account has been erased and everything I have ever said on there before is gone.

·
Anti Fanboy
42,780 Posts
Wonder if that has anything to do with me starting a thread about the Sub 1 on the Excal forum? I know the but suckers didn’t like it at all. All I did was compare it to my Suppressor. The Sub 1 is smaller, queiter, faster, easier to cock and uncock and you can work on it your self without a press. It does everything that I bought my Suppressor for better than my Suppressor does!

Now my account has been erased and everything I have ever said on there before is gone.
Doesn't surprise me any. Brand specific forums don't like competition. Especially when specific facts are brought up.:wink:

Every specific bow has its place and its good to compare.

Censorship is not the answer.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
They must be some real simple individuals if they think the Mission Sub 1 is hard to work on! Bow shops train 18yr old kids that have never seen a bow before in there life to work on compounds every day. It’s not rocket science.

They want people to think compounds crossbows are EVIL! They come out of time every 50 shots and it takes a guy in a long white lab coat to fix them. If they even can be fixed!lol

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
I guess I'm in the minority here. I do NOT like the Assassin at ALL! I don't like the box style of a stock they put on it or the sliding trigger box! That trigger is just an accident waiting to happen in MHO! Too many moving parts on a recurve bow! That's why I switched to recurves, to eliminate any moving parts other than the string! I have no interest at all for this bow! Excalibur needs to stick to their own motto of no moving parts like a compound bow!

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
I would think that sliding box like a Ravin and that crank would both be harder to work on than a Sub 1 is.

That sliding box is going to be hard to find when it breaks off half way back and fly’s a 100yds down thru the brush.

If you loose your crank handle walking to the tree I guess you just turn around and go home.

Adding more weight to micro limbs isn’t a good idea I wonder if a spare set comes in that $1600 dollar package?

This recurve weights 7.7lbs bare bow! With all you stuff on it your going to have a 9-10pb bow that shoots a 350gr arrow 350fps at best.

Oh well look at the bright side Ten Point is having a good weekend!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts