Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2A whiner
40,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After following the success of the various AT hog hunts I decided to follow up on an idea to try & put together an AT Colorado Antelope hunt. I've got the basic plan put together; location- times- cost. If anybody is interested post here or PM me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Send info please

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Send me a PM

·
Banned
7,286 Posts
CAMPO IS IN!!!!

Redemption time!!!

Are Texans allowed on this hunt? :wink:

Do we send you a PM or will you PM us?

·
Smilin' Bob
25,077 Posts
After following the success of the various AT hog hunts I decided to follow up on an idea to try & put together an AT Colorado Antelope hunt. I've got the basic plan put together; location- times- cost. If anybody is interested post here or PM me.
How about the important one...tags?:)

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
yep

Bobmuley said it, what about tags? Ranching for wildlife? What about Wyoming?

·
2A whiner
40,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, all the PMs are a little bit much, although it is what I was hoping for, so here are the basic details.

It is on a 47K acre ranch in eastern Co. The tags are OTC & run $316.00 for NR. The basic plan was to offer two "packages". Semi guided & guided following is a basic run down.

Semi: $1000.00 + tags 5 days
Large Outfitter tent with hard floor & cot
Food & camp Cook
30K+ acres w/6 hunter per week
Staff in camp for assistance

Guided: $1500.00 + tags 5days
Hunt House
Food & Camp Cook
17K+ acres w/access to the other 30K if necessary
1 guide/ 2 hunter

We could hunt from Aug 24th to Sept 20th roughly 6 hunters a week. It is set up so that there is enough room to roam without stepping on anyone. Pit blinds would be in place w/lots of room to stalk if U'd like to give it a try. You would be "assigned" areas to start the day but could move if needed; remember it is a ranch so a little control is necessary. There is a processor less than 8 miles away.

I approached an outfitter friend of mine @ the CBA banquet; after a lot of discussion & to much adult beverage:darkbeer: the above mentioned plan was hashed out. I do not work for him, I am just a friend with a friend & an Idea. U can check his mountain operation out @ www.packstringoutfitters.com

Keep the pms coming.
jeff

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Well, count me out.

Not exactly what I had in mind. If you find something on public ground that is doable I'd be interested in that. If I'm going to pay an outfitter it won't be for pronghorn.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
no thanks, you guys want to get a blm/public land hunt going in eastern colorado thats one thing but i'm not interested in any outfitter or outfitter prices.

·
2A whiner
40,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:up:

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
how about

south dakota? tags are 195.00? and you can hunt lots of blm and walk-in areas around northwestern part of the state.
myself and huntmuleys are interested, but not in a "guided" hunt to much $ and i don't need a babysitter.:rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts