Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This site has made a half crazy archery enthusiast certifiably insane. My closest archery shop (that I like) is an hour drive. So attached are the completed pics of my home "shop", I was inspired to create by AT. This place is like crack, Since joining in April this site has saved/cost? me more money than i can to know nor can let my wife know. In 4 months, I have purchased or done the following because of this site.
-Le Earl's Video
-Meanvs CSS
-Bucknasty strings
-Gritty bow press
-Red Charm Dloop
-Blazers from toad
- Fitz fibers for my CJ
- a blitz (to replace my grayling)
- Self Crested my arrows
- changed my own string, served a string, put on a d loop and tied in a peep sight.
- made a field target
- numerous items from the classifieds
- other stuff I am in denial about and can't remember
I have a home made arrow saw in the works. Why can't you people just leave me alone? I plan to inform the authorities.

Seriously, Thanks for great site and all the help.
 

Attachments

·
(aka lug nut)
Joined
·
48,345 Posts
shootsadiamond said:
This site has made a half crazy archery enthusiast certifiably insane. My closest archery shop (that I like) is an hour drive. So attached are the completed pics of my home "shop", I was inspired to create by AT. This place is like crack, Since joining in April this site has saved/cost? me more money than i can to know nor can let my wife know. In 4 months, I have purchased or done the following because of this site.
-Le Earl's Video
-Meanvs CSS
-Bucknasty strings
-Gritty bow press
-Red Charm Dloop
-Blazers from toad
- Fitz fibers for my CJ
- a blitz (to replace my grayling)
- Self Crested my arrows
- changed my own string, served a string, put on a d loop and tied in a peep sight.
- made a field target
- numerous items from the classifieds
- other stuff I am in denial about and can't remember
I have a home made arrow saw in the works. Why can't you people just leave me alone? I plan to inform the authorities.

Seriously, Thanks for great site and all the help.
Very cool.

Here are some more ideas for ya.


This is what I call the Poor Man's bow vise.
Your's I recognize and is quite nice.

5/16-24 bolt (fine thread).
2x2 block of lumber

Drill a hole to fit the bolt (5/16th diameter)











Here is an arrow saw,
I cobbled together with scrap of lumber,
and a 7-inch angle grinder from Northern Tool
and a 4.5-inch grinding wheel for cutting stainless steel.










 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,577 Posts
I AM HEARING YOU BROTHER!! STARTING A NEW GROUP ATA....HI I AM GATOR-EYE AND I AM A ARCH-A-HOLIC...:confused:
 

·
has been that never was
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
I've got to be a charter member of this club.. I wont even get into the countless accessories.. I'll just say 21 bows since I joined and leave it at that.. :faint:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,334 Posts
Hey N&B....nice cat!

Seriously, great photos. Thanks for the ideas!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,069 Posts
Recordkeeper said:
Hey N&B....nice cat!

Seriously, great photos. Thanks for the ideas!

HUMMMMMM....that cat looks familiar....could it be......Secret Insider??????

Ohhh yeah....unhijacking thread.......nice shop.....


"PREGO"....It's in There!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
20,334 Posts
GOT LUCKY said:
HUMMMMMM....that cat looks familiar....could it be......Secret Insider??????

Ohhh yeah....unhijacking thread.......nice shop.....


"PREGO"....It's in There!!!!
Indeed, it looks a lot like secret insider.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,924 Posts
GATOR-EYE said:
I AM HEARING YOU BROTHER!! STARTING A NEW GROUP ATA....HI I AM GATOR-EYE AND I AM A ARCH-A-HOLIC...:confused:
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,615 Posts
AT is my Proshop:tongue: and it´s close to me too, right under my fingers on the keyboard!

my latest "AT proshop" bow:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks

N & B - thanks for the ideas, i saw your vise post after i bought mine but the saw is definitely a go...might have to wait though season opens in 32 hours!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,745 Posts
Insanity isn't it :)

I feel your pain.......

3 bow presses
2 fletching jigs
Apple arrow saw
Bow scale
2 bow vises
Chronograph
Crank board
Paper tuner
String jig
Umpteen serving jigs
Host of targets, including a full size Pacific Bow Butt

And a whole host of misc tools and material I can't even begin to list

And thats just the hardware........ don't get me started on bows, accessories and related junk :rolleyes:

JawsDad........ got you beat......... 24 bows(most bought and sold) in 12 months (few years back)........ you still got a few months, and three bows, to catch up :wink:

Insanity.............. when will it end.............. :confused: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,966 Posts
my name is niteshade and i am a classifieds shopaholic:embara:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,745 Posts
It's gotten so bad for me that I'm like a guy with memory problems.............. I'm constantly finding stuff, amongst my stuff, that I forgot I had........... and getting really happy that I found it :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,410 Posts
My wife has banned me from the classifieds. She starts yelln when the UPS even drives down our road (what in the hek did you buy now)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,062 Posts
great shops fellas, some good ideas for others to get started for sure.

I am an archer-a-holic myself.
 

·
has been that never was
Joined
·
14,362 Posts
Grey Eagle said:
JawsDad........ got you beat......... 24 bows(most bought and sold) in 12 months (few years back)........ you still got a few months, and three bows, to catch up :wink:

Insanity.............. when will it end.............. :confused: :D

Is that a challenge? :wink:

I just listed my Constitution in classifieds so I'm sure I'll be addinga nother one to the list shortly.. Then I'll probably add a 2007 when we can get those Martin guys to open the trench coat. :eek: Beyond that I think I'll be done.... for now.. You'll have me by 1!!!


HELLO, My name is JawsDad, I'm only here because I was told to be. I don't have a problem. I can stop using AT anytime I want. I only use it recreationally, at parties. Nobody has ever been hurt by my using AT. It's the rest of you that have a problem.. Really, I can stop.... I can!!

Anyone got anything to sell? Even something small.. some nocks? Someone's gotta have a nock they can hook me up with!!

:becky:
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top