Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question about ATA adjustments. I have a Marquis set at 65# and I measure the ATA to be 34 5/8" or about 1/8" to long. To get the bow back in spec I understand that I need to twist the cable. My question is when we check ATA how much can it change based on the settings of the limb bolts? Is 1/8" typical at 5# below max? Do you need to bottom them out when checking ATA?

Thanks
Ports

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have a question about ATA adjustments. I have a Marquis set at 65# and I measure the ATA to be 34 5/8" or about 1/8" to long. To get the bow back in spec I understand that I need to twist the cable. My question is when we check ATA how much can it change based on the settings of the limb bolts? Is 1/8" typical at 5# below max? Do you need to bottom them out when checking ATA?

Thanks
Ports
I thank the answer is yes, the limbs should be tighend all the way down to obtain the factory specs. When you back the limb bolts out the Br. & A-A will change some....PS. Some companys say to tighten limb bolts all the way down and then back them out 1/8 turn.

·
Back Yard Champion
27,609 Posts
To properly check ata the limbs should be maxed out. I perfer to bottom the bolts, but feel the bottoming out, not tight. Okay, you don't want to crush the limb.
Now, check draw weight. If at maxed listed draw weight or slightly more for the bow don't worry about the 1/8" too long ata.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. More questions here. In theory wouldn't tightening the limb bolts make the ATA slightly longer if any change at all? Adding more preload to the limbs couldn't possibly make the ATA shorter, could it? The cables should hold the limbs roughly the same distance no matter where the limb bolts are.

Ports

·
Back Yard Champion
27,609 Posts
Slightly? I doubt that you could measure the difference and say so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts