Archery Talk Forum banner

Athens "For Real" Warranty

3K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  rodney482 
#1 ·
If actually go to there website, there warranty statement seems like a joke and it is. Basically states it's limited and only covered if they say it's covered. So I had a limb that splintered last year and I cut it off and sanded it down the last the rest of the season. I wanted peace of mind and got tired of worrying about it, so I contacted Athens and this is pretty much the response I got.

"Splintered limbs are typically covered under warranty. If you send them in our tech can take a look at them and decide for sure whether or not yours are covered. If so, we can replace them. When sending the limbs in please refrence RA-#####. You can write this number on the outside of the package or on a sheet of paper inside the box with the limbs. Please be sure to include a phone number and a return mailing address."

In other words they want you to pay shipping to them and back + fee's to remove strings/limbs/cams and reinstall everything. They also give you clear answer as to if they will replaced it even with pictures.

So take that into consideration when buying your new or used Athen's bow.

#2 ·
I didn't read Athens warranty on their website, so I'm taking your quote at face value... But, I don't see where it states the consumer will pay for shipping and shop labor fees? I surely wouldn't be sanding on the limb splinter prior to Athens inspecting the limbs, and still expecting them to grant coverage. When we talk about expectations of a manufacturers warranty, I think you have to consider how many dishonest customers try to pull crap over on the manufacturers, making false claims. The manufacturers have to protect their liability and their quality reputation from false claim...give them a chance to look at your claim and make a decision. I don't think you can expect much more.

#3 ·
I had 1 limb splinter a couple years ago. Shipped both limbs to them. They warrantied it and shipped the new limbs back to me. I disassembled the bow at home so I didn't have to pay a shop to do it. I think I paid for shipping to them but I don't recall having to pay shipping back to me. I was very happy with their customer service.

#4 ·
I had a bent cam on a bow I bought off here. Called and ther were super nice. They replaced both cams reserved string and shipped back to me within 4 days. All I payed was shipping to them. What else could you ask for they went way above and beyond. I think there customer service is second to none

#5 ·
Have two Athens bows for over four years. Both have Barnsdale limbs and they've always stood behind their gear based on my experience. Warranties are always limited, meaning they don't have to cover abuse or error on the user's part, i.e. dry fires, falling off the roof of your car, dropping from tree, etc.

Give them half a chance. You may be surprised even though you sanded off the defective area. Haven't heard of many Athens bows with limb issues as compared to others.

#7 ·
I literally shot my Athens Recluse out of my bow press (don't ask lol) and destroyed the limbs, cams and string in the process. I called and explained. The had me return the bow and I expected a hefty bill. A little over a week later, my rebuilt Recluse showed up on my door step. They warrantied my stupidity, which I never deserved.

As stated, all companies have written and implied warranties. When it comes down to it Athens goes well beyond their written warranty to look after their customers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
ok let get this right you worked on the bow yourself. Are you a factory trained employee of Athens Archery? So ya "fixed it" then used it. Now you call to have the company fix after you worked on the bow..... Come on almost every manufacture states in its warranty only authorized persons are to work on the product. Even so they are willing to help ya out after ya "gun plummer d" the limbs. Then ya feel it necessary to bash them here on AT.

I just don't get it..... :confused:

I hope you get your bow up and running soon.

#16 ·
I went through several sets of limbs, all just cosmetic, never once did i pay a dime. You can do a warranty one of two ways, buy the limbs, they ship them to you with a return postage label. IF you return the old ones, they credit your account. Or you can disassemble and send in...in that case you pay shipping to. I NEVER once had an issue with Athens support, far and away as good as it gets.

#18 ·
I'm lead tech in a pro shop in pa, we carry Mathews, Mission, Elite, Bowtech, diamond, Bear, Parker, Excalibur, Carbon Express, Ten Point, Horton, Wicked Ridge, Stryker and velocity archery. NONE cover shipping to the factory or shop labor to replace broken limbs. They cover the parts, many will even cover a dry fire if you're honest about it, and the shipping to the shop. It's on par with pretty much the entire industry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
couple 3 weeks ago I was helping my cousin out on his Athens. He needed shorter DL
while on the press I realized I bought the wrong cams. went to put the one I had taken off and turned around to get a tool. my cousin who had been watching me thought he would help out and was trying to put the cam back into place and pushed the bow off the press

this resulted in a split limb as it caught one of the finger and thus cracked it straight down the center.

I took the bow to Athens, and they fixed it for nada. I couldn't believe it. I told my cousin it could cost 60-100 for a limb replacement

Athens for me. nothing else will do

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.