Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys (gals) that shoot the Athens Ibex I would like you thoughts on my Ibex to compare. I just put new cams on it (shortened my DL by 1/2") and put it together yesterday and tuned/tweaked it inside as it was way too windy outside. I am only looking at % efficiency not accuracy right now. The weather is supposed to hit the 70's so accuracy will come this week.

I shot 3 different weight arrows thru my chrono which is on (been calibrated), my bow is at 60.1#, 28.5" AMO DL on the dot, Athens doesn't fib about their DL ! It's on the money!

Sooo...

300 grain arrow: 318-317-318
347.5 " " : 299.7-299.6-299.6
390.5 " " : 284.5-284.8-285

I figured the bow is at 336 IBO , no vibe/recoil & dead quiet

Whatcha think?

Oh dang, I need to take pics, my bad :)

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Pix, yes I am old school of camo and not black bows :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Compound bow Bow and arrow Bow Sports equipment Rim

Looks similar to mine, sweetest bow I have ever owned.

·
Im a Father and Bowhunter
6,006 Posts
I dont shoot a Ibex but i had to tell you thats a sweet looking hunting setup ...And from what i have seen they are hitting the IBO and a little more.Congrats

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sweet 44! Lookin good! I really like that camo too.

I shot bare shaft and fletched shafts thru paper from 3' to 33' in my shop and am getting bullet holes. So I dont figure I'll have much to adjust outside to get my bh's and ft's to hit the same. I know everyone has their own methods but mine has worked for me for many years. I need to adjust the peep too. Sure wish I was taking it elk or bear hunting this year! Thanx for the input guys! :thumbs_up

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Kai, nice bird, congrats! How ya doin neighbor? :)

Thanks guys for the comments. My son shot it tonight and he likessssss it :) I took alot more time to tweak this one compared to the other one I had. I printed out my sight tape tonite so I can get outside now as soon as the wind slows down and BH tune it. Sure would like to drop some hogs with it :wink:

·
Retired GI "still serv'n"
13,960 Posts
So you got another one Jerry............cool.
I take it, this one will stay a lil longer haha. I have been looking at one for a bit, they seem to be nice lil rigs.
Might have to try one out.

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mike, lol, I knew I'd be back! It is a perfect treestand bow which is mainly what I do here at home. I wouldn't hesitate to use it on elk with 70 ft lbs. I wish I could get some hog blood on it ! ;)

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Any hogs where you're at Jerry?
Only 2 legged! The real hogs are down the other end of the county. I just got in from shootin and didnt have to touch a thing! I shot out to 40 yards with bh's and ft's and the bow shoots better than me! :) I am a happy man :)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Glad to hear you have her dialed in. Not really interested in the two legged kind, plenty of them around here too, lol! Is there any public land there to hunt them? Are there enough to make it worthwhile?

·
Registered
19,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hahahaha....the state is screwing up handling them to the best of my knowledge by only having a season during deer week, it needs to be like Texas, etc. I know someone who knows and if and when I find out more I'll let you know. I'd like to try for them.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts