Archery Talk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would everyone love to see if you had your choice?

I would want a Peak 40
7.5" brace
Adjustable letoff down to 70%
Performance version of RTX cam with real world IBO speed of 320

I'm still loving my Peak 38. No other bow I own shoots as well. The only thing I struggle with sometimes is the 80% let off. I wish I could get it down to 70. Other thing, which isn't really a downside because it's such a smooth smooth bow is I cannot shoot unknown 3D with this bow. It's just too slow. A slightly more aggressive RTX cam that picks up 10 FPS or so would be awesome. And 40" ATA just because it's what I prefer.

Jim, if you're listening, I'll give you my money now.

·
Registered
108 Posts

I would want a Peak 40
7.5" brace

I'm still loving my Peak 38. No other bow I own shoots as well. The only thing I struggle with sometimes is the 80% let off. I wish I could get it down to 70. Other thing, which isn't really a downside because it's such a smooth smooth bow is I cannot shoot unknown 3D with this bow. It's just too slow. A slightly more aggressive RTX cam that picks up 10 FPS or so would be awesome. And 40" ATA just because it's what I prefer.

Jim, if you're listening, I'll give you my money now.
Following. I'm always interested in hearing what people are looking for. I can't say it's necessarily possible or practical, but I'm interested in listening.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts

I would want a Peak 40
7.5" brace

I'm still loving my Peak 38. No other bow I own shoots as well. The only thing I struggle with sometimes is the 80% let off. I wish I could get it down to 70..
This is exactly what I would ask for. A Peak with a little lower letoff and maybe a touch more brace height. I will place an order almost immediately if that happens haha.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Some random ideas.

A 5.75" - 6" brace height option in a 31-33" ATA (to get a little bit more speed)

Predator Green as a standard color option.

Option for an aftermarket grip (a threaded anchor point)

Above all, maintain the weight and balance of the current platform, as yall nailed it on the Vistas. Can't speak to the Peak, that's for others to comment on.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I’d like to see a new riser design that looks less Elite-ish for the Vista.

Don’t know how you could improve the cams, as they’re so smooth for the 33. Maybe have different mods so the bell-curve 28-29.5in draw sits at the top for maximum efficiency?

A lower mounted stab option would be nice as well, if it’s not patented.

·
Uncredible
2,706 Posts
Here goes ...I am mainly a whitetail hunter that likes Simple. I hated to see the solid limbs die off. ( Traci says "they are gone but you never know" ) So Give me a "Hunters" bow with solid limbs 34 ata add a very smooth draw cycle at 80% even a round wheel at 75% would do. I have 2 Summit 7s and the Summit 7 is so close but yet so far away. Needed the riser material to be thicker to kill the buzz in the bow. Add 2 inches to the ATA to help with string angle and put on a set of super smooth wheels and throw the IBO rating out the window. After 30 years of shooting whitetails from treestands in the Midwest I know I dont need an IBO rating in the 330s to do it optimally a super smooth draw with a 300-310 IBO rating will do everything I need it to do. Now do I think I will ever see this? No! With all the "keeping up with the Jones" in the Archery Mfg game its not profitable to design and build a slower smoother "Hunting bow".

·
Registered
Mathews TRX 34, Athens Vista 31
4,857 Posts
I am hoping for all drabby, ugly colors because their are at least 4 patterns now that I am trying not to order.

Seriously though, my Vista 31 is beautiful and fantastic. The only thing I don’t like is that I have to “push” it forward to let down, even set on 80%. There are many more things I just love.

·
Uncredible
2,706 Posts
Maybe dealer in Michigan? Would like to try one. Grip is a biggie for me especially since you can't get any aftermarket grips.
The grip is the one thing I doubt any Athers owner would want changed. The grip on the Athens is a huge selling point and probably one of the best Ive ever shot

·
Registered
Solution/Insanity CPX/HHA Tetra//Hexx 260, Carter Too Simple
1,033 Posts
The grip is the one thing I doubt any Athers owner would want changed. The grip on the Athens is a huge selling point and probably one of the best Ive ever shot
I'm not saying its not and i'm not saying change the grip. Just give users the option for aftermarket additions to make it exactly how they want if they want it different? If I loved the draw and hold of the bow but wanted maybe a medium or high wrist i'd hate for that to be the reason I didn't buy it? Plus with not having any dealers near me, i'd have to order one, test shoot it and then if I didn't want it i'd have to take a couple hundred dollar loss. Now if I could add a slight variation to the grip maybe i'd keep it. IDK

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
I know zero about engineering bows but I’d love it if the cables were not visible in the sight picture. I have no idea if it’s possible with the current cam system and I’m sure there are serious patent issues with most cam and cable guard designs. I assume patent research is a full time job during bow design trying to avoid paying royalties or being sued.
What ever Athens does, I hope they maintain a 32-34” ATA with a 6.5-7” BH hunting bow.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts