Archery Talk Forum banner

Atom broadheads

1883 Views 61 Replies 30 Participants Last post by  rogbo
does anyone have experience with atom broadheads? i'm very interested in them
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

· Registered
361 Posts
I saw a three pack of Atoms in the bargain bin at a small archery shop for $15....I'm kicking my self for not trying them then. I'd love to have a fixed blade for penetration that doesn't require so much tuning.

· Registered
402 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p13K59ZZJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-woXJdQP9I
Thanks for the interest in our broadheads....
Here are a couple links to some video footage of The Atom doing what it does best. After watching these....Should you have any questions regarding this new Category of safe to handle, compressible cutting width broadhead with the ONLY money back guarantee to accuracy with no limitations and no adjustment to your bow...fire away...
Be glad to answer them....

· Registered
2,204 Posts
i lost a nice 5x6 ****** after an atom deflected off of his rib. he was quartering away slightly at 15 yds- it was a slam dunk......NOT!

i'll never use them again.
(sorry to arrowds- nothing against you, i just don't like the atom's performance)

· Registered
13,544 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p13K59ZZJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-woXJdQP9I
Thanks for the interest in our broadheads....
Here are a couple links to some video footage of The Atom doing what it does best. After watching these....Should you have any questions regarding this new Category of safe to handle, compressible cutting width broadhead with the ONLY money back guarantee to accuracy with no limitations and no adjustment to your bow...fire away...
Be glad to answer them....
Just to correct you, Slick Trick also has a money back guarantee for accuracy.

· Registered
402 Posts
ANY speed...50 fps to > 1000 fps....., ANY SAFE spine shaft, ANY make/model/style fletching adhered straight/offset/full helical...crooked insert? Crooked nock? Both crooked? Untuned bow, mis-timed cams...ALL OF THE ABOVE TOGETHER to provide the worst case setup...
With NO adjustment to the bow....The Atom DOES go in the identical hole as the field tipped arrow measured to the THOUSANDTHS of an inch....

Let's amplify on the "Money Back Guarantee" with respect to Accuracy again shall we?

We provide this with NO limitations/no adjustments. Fourty yards...measured to the THOUSANDTHS of an inch...same impact point....

I assure you...the broadhead you tout as providing such accuracy cannot deliver this accuracy WITHOUT a customer becoming a bow tuning guru making concessions to spine of arrow shaft, fletching setup, tune of bow, straighness of inserts..etc... No limitations is exactly that...no limitations....
Accuracy is what we deliver....No compromise...No marketing BS...just facts.

· Registered
196 Posts
ok

ANY speed...50 fps to > 1000 fps....., ANY SAFE spine shaft, ANY make/model/style fletching adhered straight/offset/full helical...crooked insert? Crooked nock? Both crooked? Untuned bow, mis-timed cams...ALL OF THE ABOVE TOGETHER to provide the worst case setup...
With NO adjustment to the bow....The Atom DOES go in the identical hole as the field tipped arrow measured to the THOUSANDTHS of an inch....

Let's amplify on the "Money Back Guarantee" with respect to Accuracy again shall we?

We provide this with NO limitations/no adjustments. Fourty yards...measured to the THOUSANDTHS of an inch...same impact point....

I assure you...the broadhead you tout as providing such accuracy cannot deliver this accuracy WITHOUT a customer becoming a bow tuning guru making concessions to spine of arrow shaft, fletching setup, tune of bow, straighness of inserts..etc... No limitations is exactly that...no limitations....
Accuracy is what we deliver....No compromise...No marketing BS...just facts.
so what about the bouncing off that poor guys elk at 15 yrds

· Registered
402 Posts
Elkcountry.....Did you happen to get this 15 yard slam dunk shot on video for us to review?
We retain a far straighter path thru an animal than any fixed/mechanical which must force the full cutting width thru the bone, whom amplify the lateral frictional load on the arrow shaft...causing deflection to a greater magnitude....
An easier method to understand the science is this...ever watch a car go off road? Not pretty with the car being thrown all over the place and going out of control when the solid frame contacts the ground...now look at an off road Baja type truck...good suspension....hauls b u tt over the bumps at high speed and maintains control of the truck....
In a nut shell..this is the exact dyamics engineered into the Atom for absorbing lateral loads and continuing in a controlled straight line...deflection in the manner you describe is out of context with the science and performance on the animals we have on video from around the world with extreme shot angles/animal movements/autopsies....
Look forward to the video if you have it....

· Registered
2,204 Posts
wasn't even an elk......it was a ******.
atoms are accurate, but in my experience, they don't kill. they also rattle pretty bad in flight. i had to glue the ends of the wires to the ferrule.

i'm not a fan of them & i seriously doubt their real world effectiveness

· Registered
2,204 Posts
sorry- can't afford a film crew

lol- i'll stick to a fixed blade for elk- had one shear two ribs on its way through a 310" bull's lungs last october. i'm shooting 95ft/lbs of KE- ribs don't scare me (unless i happen to be shooting an atom...).
as far as accuracy goes, i shoot alot. i regularly practice out to 100 yds. i'm sure i could mess up a 15 yd shot, but it hasn't happened yet. heck, on the shot in question, i saw the arrow hit about 6" behind the left shoulder. i also saw it hanging by the fletching from the left side of his chest as he ran off! :angry:
you talk a mean scientific game, arrowds. i only have the real world experience of your head failing to penetrate because of a deflection. i really don't have anything against you personally, or professionally. i just don't think the atom is a good head and i don't want anyone else to unnecessarily wound an animal. i was pretty crushed to have such a close shot on such a nice buck........and wound him. please try to see it from my point of view.

· Registered
402 Posts
Science easily demonstrates at the engery level you claim to shoot, the shot distance, the cross sectional surface area at impact of our cutting broadhead tip on quite obtuse angles into the medium of an animal regardless of species....the simple "Facts" you provide just demonstrate you made a bad shot and now feel compelled to blame the broadhead...that's okay...its just human nature....but consider this with respect to mocking science trying to teach/explain facts in the reality of these impacts/penetrations...I'm quite confident that should you provide the video of this shot on that animal...and it SHOWS the results that my Atom failed to do its job...that it was NOT your shot placement/animal movement being the root problem...I'd be more than willing to put you on another hunt for another whitetail of that size at my expense.
Clearly....you had a bad experience...and we regret that...but it sounds as if it wouldn't have mattered what broadhead you put on the end of the arrow...the outcome would have been the same...
With respect to the "Wires"...we have published far and wide a free warrantly replacement from the original wires to the new and much improved razor wire which has been out for a year....should you like the new ones...PM me your address...they will be sent immediately. It will eliminate ANY issues to "Rattleing" you may have had...same way Ford/Chevy warranty issues which surface after going to high volume production...we also improve and warranty our products.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.