Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking to get another bow for treestand and ground blind hunting and would apprectiate some feedback from Martin owners. I was interested in a shorter ATA bow but my draw length (AMO) is about 30 1/2 so I don't want anything under 32.

Two bows that caught my eye are the Martin Cougar III SE with the Fusion or Fury cam or the Prowler SE with the Fusion cam.

Does anyone have any info re: the speed of these bows at 60 lb draw weight, why the cougar is priced so much higher, how true the draw weights run on Martins, and how quiet are they? Also, if you own one of these bows your input would help. It seems the specs on both are pretty similar except the Prowler has a larger brace height and a lot less money. The Martin website doesn't have much info describing their products.

The last Martin I had was a Cougar Speedflite that was louder than I lot of guns I own.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
My Prowler

I shoot the Prowler. It says 60lb peak but I get 63 out of it. At 28 inch draw length with a 330 grain arrow it does 253 fps. It is whisper quiet. My choice came to it or the Cougar Mag and to me there was no comparison noise wise. The Cougar was just plain loud and had a lot more hand shock. I couldn't justify the extra $60 either. This is a true hunter's bow and I am extremely happy with it. It ain't a speed bow but is perfect for hunting.

Travis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts