Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohio deer bow hunters just got a special bonus!

A special bow hunt for deer in Alum Creek State Park was just announced on ODNR’s website under “Press Releases”-“Breaking News!”

Below is the link and instructions on how and where to apply for the special hunt.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/news/aug05/0812alumhunt.htm

See you there!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Wish that I was close enough to apply for this, be nice to help out.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to check this out.

·
Registered
983 Posts
that is a great area to deer hunt. i have seen some nice bucks in that area during muzzeloading season.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I have run into some big boys there during early goose season, and I never think to go back to bow hunt it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best odds yet, and I didn't get a tag at the drawing!

ODNR drew 50 names, 110 guys and girls showed up qualified for the drawing.

All the women drew tags and all of the guys with bellies hanging over their belt got a tag!

Oh well! :sad:

·
Registered
431 Posts
BandanaMan said:
Best odds yet, and I didn't get a tag at the drawing!

ODNR drew 50 names, 110 guys and girls showed up qualified for the drawing.

All the women drew tags and all of the guys with bellies hanging over their belt got a tag!

Oh well! :sad:
I went down and qualified, then didn't make it for the drawing. I was wondering how many people showed up. I figure the $3 gal gas will keep me hunting closer to home anyway!!! There is always next year! I will have to work on that belly!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
40 tags were given out to the first 40 names chosen for the drawing! Then ODNR picked 10 alternates.

When the alternate names were drawn, several refused to be alternates, so they drew a few more names till they got their 10 alternators.

My wife and I both qualified, but were planing to refuse the alternate slot if picked.

Chuck at Delaware Sports said that several of the tag winners last year didn't hunt and those that didn't, did not notify ODNR, so the alternates picked last year didn't get to hunt.

We overheard one guy, who was picked for an alternate that refused the pick, say he wasn't hanging around waiting to see if he would be called by ODNR to fill a slot during the time allotted, he would be out hunting somewhere else. So he went up to the ODNR guy drawing the names and refused to be an alternate.

·
Registered
983 Posts
i didnt apply euther when gas is 3 $ s gallon

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, there was a long list of prior tag holders from previous years that were ''black listed" by ODNR for not returning a survey that they were supposed to return to ODNR after the season.

Those whose names were on the list are band forever form applying for future tags in that drawing at Alum Creek.

It was a very long, two columned, list!

·
Registered
431 Posts
The "alternates" should not hold their breath I guess. Just think, I'll be sitting in a treestand this time tomorrow!!! Czegar, I took a big ol buck w/ a muzzleloader west of Lex-springmill just North of you there, That was about 10 yrs ago....Lots more houses there now.

·
Registered
431 Posts
BandanaMan said:
Also, there was a long list of prior tag holders from previous years that were ''black listed" by ODNR for not returning a survey that they were supposed to return to ODNR after the season.

Those whose names were on the list are band forever form applying for future tags in that drawing at Alum Creek.

It was a very long, two columned, list!

Maybe we'll try it again next year! There have to be some big boys wandering around there!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts