Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you post whatever hunts we have left ?
And if you can give some info on farms they would hunt, cost?

Sure there are hunters on A/T that would like to know but
I have a hunter who is not on A/T asking about hunts he tried calling
you last night but busy.

Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
VtIcon,

Thanks I should try to keep that more updated on here but things are going quite well just have two farm options
Remaining with openings. Prime time bow hunts listed below and stuck Muzzle loader in and if anyone wants to make
the muzzle loader a combination hunt great prices on every thing all hunts are now listed with extra day owner gave us
all. Anyway here are our openings as of now. I booked two hunters last week and one this morning.

Hunters if you have any questions please contact info is below or post here quick response on e-mailing me direct but what ever
works for you.

Hunt: Prime time C1&2 ( First hunters of the season)
Openings : 1 group of 2
Number Of days: 6, 7-days (1-free day has been added in celebration of Outdoor Partners 15th. season.)
Dates: Last Hunt day October 31st.
Depart by 9am after final day of hunt
Cost: $1650 each /$1750 each
Night before scout day $50. option

This two hunter setup includes two farms totaling around 400 acres, this farm has produced a lot of big bucks over the years
but it is known to many at camp as the setup where one bow hunter killed big bucks 4 years in a row with 3 of them being on his first
day, and it is know from the Alexander's who harvest 3 great bucks in their first two season hunting it with one making B&C.
This combination of two farm setup has everything a bow hunter looks for in their hunting grounds with a number of great stand locations,
creek bottoms, mix of open hard woods and thick cover, Oak ridge, and crops on or around the farms. More than enough hunting ground
for two hunters. This is one of only two options left for 2013. This setup has produced the largest buck for our camp twice one of them
making B&C!

Hunt: Prime time L1,2,3,4 ( First hunters of the season?)
Openings : 1 group of 3 or 4
Number Of days: 8 or 11-days (1-free day has been added in celebration of Outdoor Partners 15th. season.)
Dates: Last Hunt day November 4th.
Depart by 10am after final day of hunt
Cost: $2075 each /$2595 each
Night before scout day $50. option
* Farm is open for muzzle loader season $1295 each with two scout days. / Add 7 day bow hunt to this hunt for only $800.each
* Note if you have group of 4 hunters each hunter will receive $50. Off.

This farm is huge it is over 1 mile deep and simply is a hunters dream you will have lots of creek bottoms, stand of Oak, lots and lots
of great locations for stand sights. Both open timber and thick cover, has hidden fields, crp and crop fields on and around it. While
this farm is best known for producing the camps largest buck at least twice it may even better know for the monster bucks that have
been seen on this awesome farm. The farm has so many options that one of the long time hunting groups say they still have not
hunted a lot of the farm.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Think I have answered all current questions e-mailed if you have questions my friend all contact info below.
Seems we have some other hunters from camp that are A/T user's nice to see that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK thanks MXZ i'll let hunter know whats available and have him get in touch with you

·
Registered
784 Posts
VtIcon,

Thanks for passing on info.

·
Registered
784 Posts
DOWN LOADS Today 046.jpg Just had a hunter contact me for information on a bow hunt got me thinking my A/T friends our camp has a youth price any hunter under 18 years of age hunts at our camp for $500 when accompanied by a parent.
That is $500 no matter the number of days! Dad or Mom your adult hunter books 5 days or 10 days youth is $500.
We surely would like for there to be two adult hunters in the group but not required! If Dad or Mom is doing a combo bow and gun hunt youth price would be $500 for each hunt.

My A.T friends if you have question please contact me as this camp in the 15 years I have been there has had few prime time openings
we really usually fill them through hunters like myself just asking more friends if they are interested. 10 of the 15 years we actually had a waiting list of hunters for prime time hunts.
So what caused us to finally spend some money on advertising two things we lost two groups of hunters one because of a trip to Alaska and one of our partners fell from a stand
last year so he and his partner are taking a year off. But the biggest thing Thanksgiving is a week later and anyone who know how Illinois works every think is based off that first
gun season there for we simply gained another full week of hunting.

Anyway my friends like this question I can't think of all the things our camp dose that makes it even more unique than most but ask and I will answer and if it happens to be something I should post here I'll do so....
But thank you to the caller yes we have a youth price and yes the youth must be under 18 years old.

Please all my A/T friends stay safe and enjoy the coming season... a huntN friend Gary. 097.jpg
Bottom Photo:
Here is a youth hunter with his proud Dad and my A/T friends this is what our camp is about! This young man piled up I think 3 big buck at least two this one scored over 150.
And yes his dad has killed a few him self but he has been a bit to choosssssy lately.

Top Photo: Dad & one of his boys his other son all so hunted and killed a big buck the next year they both killed 120 class bucks on the final day of their hunts in the final hour... awesome!
If your wanting to know what our camp is like this is what were shooting for hunting family atmosphere...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi Gary,
Just want to drop you a note to say It was good to see my hunting partner and son was posted here. (he is the top one with son Devin)
What a hunt I was there that day last day of our hunt and the last hour of our hunt and it happened the 120 class walks out and Devin took him down with a single shot. Dad had scored a couple of days earlier. We have had it good as we have had the same farms for 9 yrs going into 10th yr. We have crops on all sides wit some CRP (great cover) and some awesome oak ridges that alway produce sightings.
My partner and I have scored 7 out of the 9 yrs. and shot 6 does with 3 earning the 450. dollars of our next hunt.
We both have missed shots as well. There hasn't been a year we haven't seen a shooter within 30 yards.
So thoses Farms that are left to hunt one of them are the one my partner and I hunt, its been so good to us My brother is going this year with us(just because we have shot some nice ones) He hates to spend any money but public land hasn't been good to him the last few years.
So this farm has plenty of room for 3-4 hunters. There are areas on this farm we have never hunted. For 5 out of these 9 years we have shot one on our very first sit. I don't believe it gets better then that. I won't go anywhere else.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting picture of Tad and me. (bottom picture) Tad has hunted 4 years with Outdoor Partners, he has shot 2 nice bucks (130 class and 150 class) and his gun wouldn't fire the first year on a 130 class at about 15 yards, that would have made 3 out of 4. This past year he passed on a few bucks and went home with out a deer. He said he wanted to shoot one better than his 150 class from the year before, I guess he is getting a bit fussy. From the first day at camp Tad has been treated like one of the boys and has a great time hanging in camp with all my great deer hunting friends. There is nothing that can compare to quality time with your son or daughter, whether it's sitting in a tree stand hoping for chance at a big Illinois whitetail, helping someone drag out a deer, just hanging in camp telling deer stories or watching your son carry a load of stands and climbing sticks out of the woods and realizing for the first time that he is growing up and has become a strong young man. The first 2 years I set up double stands so I could sit with my son, but the 3rd year he was in his own tree by himself. That year with only 30 minutes left on last day of hunt, I heard him shoot. I figured it was a doe, so I tried calling him, but with bad reception I couldn't talk to him. I waited about 10 minutes and then I got a text "dad quick get over here, he's a beaut". I have never climbed out of a tree so fast. I will never forget the look on his face standing over that great 10 pt. He was beaming, with a huge smile. Again to Gary, Jason and Outdoor Partners, thanks for the wonderful memories.

Paul K.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Kil5,

The 700 acre farm you hunt is now booked There will only be two groups of bow hunters hunting the farm your group of 3 hunters and one other group of two bow hunters.
We do still have this awesome 700 acre farm open for muzzle loader season December 13,14 ,15 cost is $1295 each for a group of 3 or 4 or a group of two can get the farm for $$1395 each.
Because there are only two groups of bow hunters whom ever book this big 700 acre farm will have the option to make it a combination bow and Muzzle loader hunt. The cost would be $2100 each
for group of 3 or 4 hunters and $2200 each if group of two hunters. You can go to our facebook page to get a look at the farm while your there please like OUTDOOR PARTNERS. We have some video clips
and hunter interviews up on facebook as well there are two interviews with Kil5 lots of photos.
All links Facebook and our website below.

We all so now only have one prime-time bow hunt left for 2013 this will take place on a two farm setup that has produced very well over the years. The farms have every thing you need in a good hunting property.
You'll have plenty of think timber and open timber, oak ridge, creek bottom , great spots for bow stand locations, crop fields on and around, hidden CRP field in the back portion on the larger farm. My bow hunting friends if your interested this is the last prime time bow hunt and you will be the first hunters of the season the farm can be booked for 6 or 8-day hunt. The hunt is the last week of October and ends October 31st. Halloween night. $1650 each / $2075 each. There is all so a map of the larger farm in this two farm setup on facebook if your interested go check it out and like OUTDOOR PARTNERS when your there. Currently I don't have a map for the second farm but I'm trying to get one from the hunters who hunt it every year. Actually the father and son in photo above hunt these farms, The father harvested bucks 4 years in a row during his first 4 seasons in camp and he killed 3 of them on his first day!

My A/T hunting friends if either of these hunts interest you please contact me as this is about it for the 2013 season.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts