Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
podunkarcher
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just got my bow ripped off from me while I was at work. It was inside my trunk. Not get into details...but if anyone sees a LH 2000 Hoyt Defiant w/XT2000 limbs, mastercams, Bronze and Rootbeer color strings, sims cable slide in the Seattle/Enumclaw/Tacoma/ANYWHERE else area PM me cause I was supposed to leave for elk camp next Friday...I realize I will never see this bow again but heck its worth a shot...it was my first real compound and I killed my first elk and deer with it...still has the bloody arrows in the quiver that are now stolen too...so anyone hanging around Olympic Archery or Skookum or Rainer and you see this stop him and citizens arrest him/her! :cry: :mad: It just makes me sick :pukey:

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
You say it was in your trunk. Do you think this was a random situation in which some passing junkie decided to break into your trunk? Or were other trunks in the area cracked? Or could it be someone who knows you and knows what was in your trunk?

·
podunkarcher
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was a junkie... I work at sportsmans warehouse and they have stolen 2 cars and broken into what is now 3 cars, mine being the last of the three. Federal Way, Wa (no offense to anyone that lives there) is a slum filled with druggies and this isnt an isolated incident.

·
Registered
5,069 Posts
Unfortunately........it's also "hunting season" for thieves too........:confused:

Soooo sorry about your loss...especially when it's a bow that you have special memories with......Go get a new one and make a "Great Memory" with it this season.....

May your stolen one's strings break and slap the heck out of whoever has it now.....:wink:

"PREGO"...It's in There!!!...sometimes
:cry:

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
GOT LUCKY said:
May your stolen one's strings break and slap the heck out of whoever has it now.....:wink:

:cry:

unfortunately it looks like he has winners choice strings.....sooo maybe his release will fail...or something....better yet maybe he will bring it in to get the draw length changed I mean hey sportsmans warehouse does do srevice work...

podunk...find out, from where you bought it and get the serial number that was on the riser...report it to hoyt and maybe sometime in the future it will need some sort of repair..from a shop or another. that's the only way you might get it tracked.

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
PodunkArcher said:
It was a junkie... I work at sportsmans warehouse and they have stolen 2 cars and broken into what is now 3 cars, mine being the last of the three. Federal Way, Wa (no offense to anyone that lives there) is a slum filled with druggies and this isnt an isolated incident.
As BlackCat has advised, get the serial number and give it to the police. They will add it to their pawn-shop alerts. If the bow turns up in a pawn shop you can recover it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would check out pawn shops. If you turn on your "im-a-druggy-and-need-some-money" brain... they need to dump it before its reported. I would say less than a 5 mile radious. The thing isnt small. Good luck. I hope he is dumb enough to get arrested soon!

·
Bowhemian
8,295 Posts
PodunkArcher said:
As BlackCat has advised, get the serial number and give it to the police. They will add it to their pawn-shop "hot-sheets." If the bow turns up you can recover it.

·
podunkarcher
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
release wont fail

its sad to say the release they stole wont fail. Its the new flathead and that thing was amazing...just bought it and got it right to where it was money. :cry: hopefully i can get to elk camp cause its in 5 days and finding a left handed bow that i can borrow(poor college kid at the moment) is near impossible hopefully the proshop i shoot for will help me out and i can shoot something even if its a mathews or martin or anything. at this moment i could careless if it was a old bear whitetail...i just want to go elk hunting and have a chance at a nice 5x5 rosie

·
podunkarcher
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
one more kicker....so my insurance adjuster says if i claim it they will drop me cause I just got in an accident and they wiil just flat out drop me...so no insurance to cover it

·
Banned
8,373 Posts
Sorry about that man. If you work for Sportsmans you can buy a Martin compound through the dealer purchase plan. We have quite a few Razors, Shadowcats and Slayers in stock right now.

·
EXTREME BOWSTRINGS
11,626 Posts
Sorry you lost your bow, just let teh cops know about it and then start looking in the pawn shops also I would set up a tree stand where it happened and get there early,:wink: maybe you can be the early bird who gets the worm.:wink: Oh and like joelc said if your going to get a new one take a hard look at the Slayer, I shoot one and man is it ONE SWEET BOW.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
I would just move...get on out that place, leave it to that crack heads and run!
Check the Pawn shops on the way out!
I wouldn't be surprised if someone here was to offer to lend you a bow your size for your trip....I would if I had another good one.
Good luck!
Maybe the government of your city or state would turn there heads and allow a Crackhead bow season...I have **** loads of different broadheads that I would like to try out and see which ones kill quicker...suggest it to your local representative, I mean who's really going to miss them?

·
Registered
151 Posts
If that`s only the second claim on your insurance, then I`d drop them as fast as I could. Insurance companies are getting paid premiums for a reason! It would be nice to put them and oil companies in check.:mad: :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts