Archery Talk Forum banner

Attractants

731 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  sdpeb1
What are some good deer attractants that work well. I am not legally allowed to bait where I hunt in MN. and with so many types of attractants what are some products that have worked for some of you?

i have had luck with the deer co-cain, they have used it but never when i have been sitting over it. it seems like a nocturnal thing. so just looking for some guidance...

Any comments greatly appreciated!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5,236 Posts
They are a waste of $$ IMO

Save your money..lures, urines, attractants, etc are a waste of your money IMO. Hunt where the deer are at and learn how they move through the land, learn proper stand placement for different wind directions in your woods, and hunt funnels. Save your money.

· Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitly agree with that, but being a fulltime student and playing College football, it's hard to get out and scout the land properly, and it's all public land.

So i was just looking for ways to get deer to keep returning to the area constistantly.

· Registered
1,760 Posts
my thoughts

When I first got into archery a few years ago I went hog wild with scents. My observations are that does tend to really spook when they get wind of them. I'm thinking that they must not recognize the "doe" and they get wary. If I'm hunting for bucks I will work and make some scrapes and see if I can get a buck to come to the area I'm hunting. All in all though, from a stand I'd rather let a buck follow in a doe rather than taking a chance with estrous scents that seem to spook the does I've seen. I've never really tried curiousity scents like vanilla, maybe this year I'll give them a try.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.