Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a camera set up in one of my prime spots. Put a Trophy rock down three weeks ago and a bucket of corn each weekend. So far only one shot of a deer a handful of coons but a ton of bear. Each week the bears increase. I even have shots of multiple adult bears at the same time.

Now I know it's spring and the bears are hungry. We have tons of them here in North Western NJ. My question is will the bear activity cause the deer to avoid the area?

While the video and the pics are cool of the bears I'm thinking of pulling the cam out before I damage the spot. Any experience with something like this? Thanks.

·
Registered
680 Posts
You don't need to feed the deer this time of year as there is enough greens growing in the woods now. I you remove the corn the bear will move on to find another place for free food

·
Registered
774 Posts
IMHO deer and bear dont mix well.
when i get lots of bear shots on the cameras i get very few if any deer shot

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guess I'll leave it go a while without any corn and see if the deer find the Trophy Rock on their own.

Last week I got 309 pics and videos almost all of them bear. I'll get things sorted on how to post the pics and put some up. One of them has tags in both ears. Now that's a bear with a sorted past.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts