Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where to find a used disc Harrow in Michigan? It does not have to be designed for an ATV. I have an idea of how to convert a 3 point hitch disc into one for an ATV.

I just don't want to pay $500 for a new disc.

Thanks

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am also interested in how to convert to atv. Please post how or send me a pm. Thanks.:thumbs_up

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Idea

willardflowers said:
what is your idea ive been wanting to do the same thing due to the price of all discs and implements ive seen online for an atv?
Well with a little bit of welding you can convert a regular old disc harrow into a towable one. I bety ou have seen the ones that have wheels on the top and you flip the tounge around to put it on the wheels. I would just have to cut out brackets and weld the wheel assembly on the top. Then weld a tounge with either a hole or get a ball connector that I can bolt in and flip for the transport/discing. I should be done in a weekend.

I was also looking for just 2-4 disc assemblys but they are expensive to buy for replacements.

My search continues. If I ever find one I will put up pics of the conversion on how to do it.

·
Banned
492 Posts
disc

Antique disc in good shape w/24 18" cutting discs-$200. Ragged-axxed '88 S-10 Blazer-$200. Blazer rear wheel bearings, seals, and diff. oil-$35?(can't remember exactly.) I swear this is more fun than any ride at the county fair.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts