Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am interested in trying to find somewhere to hunt in august or september. i live in mississippi and our season doesn't open till october 1st. i am about to have a fit to start hunting somewhere. i have tried bowhunting hogs around here but that doesn't compare to hunting whitetail. i enjoy hunting public lands so any extra advice on locations would be great. i have looked into south carlolina, but not sure about availability of public land. don't think i can wait till october.

·
Registered Elker
7,715 Posts
Go Elk hunting in colorado. Season starts 27th I believe but would have to look and runs 30 days.

$500.00 for the tag a couple $100 for gas and a bit more for food and your good to go for a week!

·
Registered
10,277 Posts
MO season starts Sept 15 for deer and turkeys. I think we have the best deal going for non-residents...something like $150 for 2 deer and 2 turkeys, plus antlerless only for $5 each for as many as you care to buy and shoot.

Plenty of public ground, some of it very good.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
You are always welcome to take a drive up here to the great state of New Hampshire. all You need is a nonresident license of I think $73.00. You are allowed to hunt all land here private and public if it is not posted. lots of places to hunt and a great place to be..I hunt Mississippi and hope to go back this year. you will not see as many deer up here, but we have some nice animals.

·
DefiantShooter
10,946 Posts
CA and OR

Start our Archery Deer and Elk hunts in August.....In matter o' fact our opening is this coming weekend, the 20th..........

·
Registered
754 Posts
Not whitetail but have you thought about the prairie goats "Antelope" thats a summer huntthat I'm planning to do before too long as well as go on a spring bear hunt to lengthen the hunting season.

·
Registered
8,263 Posts
Leaving early september for a Maine black bear hunt. Cant Wait. Lots of public land.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the help guys, the only problem with some of these trips is the cost. i am on a strict budget just got engaged and broke. that is the only reason that i don't have a new switchback. getting married in june so that is doesn't effect hunting too much. any info on southeast public land hunts would be great.

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
hit the carolina's there seasons start as early as aug. 15th just beware of
CHEROKEE RUN OUTFITTERS they are the biggest bowhunting rip off i've ever had the displeasure of dealing with

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Coastal SC

Yep, our season opened yesterday. Not only archery however, everything goes. Bring your hydration bladder! It was 100 degrees with a 105+ heat index at 5:00. I chose not to hunt :( .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts