Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robert Timms has set a new Australian Record at the national target championships in Morwell,Victoria this week with a 347 @ 90m and equalled the national tournament record.

Pat Coghlan also set the national 70m record with a 355.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Robert Timms has set a new Australian Record at the national target championships in Morwell,Victoria this week with a 347 @ 90m and equalled the national tournament record.
just wondering, was that with a recurve or a compound?

·
Genesis 21:20
22,536 Posts
Seems like I see, hear or read about a new outdoor compound fita record every few months.

That's great, but where are the new recurve fita records?

Did compound have that much room to make progress, or has fita recurve hit a plateau, or is it just my imagination?

John.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
IMHO the current recurve fita records(1379 for men and 1405 for women) will last a long long time.......i hope i'm wrong though!!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I shot with Pat Coghlan and Robert Timms in the FITAs.
Robert had 344 and 347 at 90 Metres.
Pat had a 354 at 50 Metres and a 355 at 70 Metres.

Pat's FITAs were 1401 + 1394.
Robert's FITAs were 1393 + 1390.
The conditions were reasonably good except for the second half of the second FITA where it became quite windy.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
There are some pretty fine recurve shooters in Australia -Cuddihy, Kim, Barnes and Fairweather (if he's still shooting). What did they shoot? I know less about the women shooters.

·
Registered
157 Posts
A number of the top recurvers did not shoot this one (getting ready for the 1st World Cup event was one reason as they needed to leave on about the last day of the Championships).
Fairweather is not shooting at present.

·
Urban Archery
3,813 Posts
Branden Wallace shot a new Australian Jr 90m record of 341 at this shoot and Erika Anear shot a new Australian Field record for open womens compound of 357.
It was an excellent event for record breaking.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts