Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a bow for my little lady. She is pretty stuck on a Mathews Avail and she is making things a bit more difficult because she is left eye dominant so I am trying to find a used LH avail, which is proving to be quite difficult. I recently found a LH Mathews stoke that seems to be essentially the same bow, hust a little shorter and marketed more towards youth than women. I'm wondering if the avail and stoke are pretty interchangeable, or if I should keep searching for an avail. She is 5'6 so that's why I'm wondering if a little taller bow would be better. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

·
Registered
829 Posts
I cam only speak for the matthews stoke as my 18yo daughter harvested 3 deer with it last year ( shes 5ft1 and 110 pounds) with 21 inch draw pulling 40 pounds, no problems with penetration shooting a 100 gr simmons mako. My son is 12yo and 70 pounds shooting a stoke with a 22 in draw pulling 37 and gets great penetration in targets and is leaving with me to hunt 10 days in the midwest sept 20-30. I have confidence he wont have trouble penetrating a deer . I love the bow so much my gf hust got one and is a 24 inch draw which shes maybe 5 ft5 . Its an unbelievable bow that is extremely accurate and forgiving. I wont let my son shoot the same target inside 25 yds twice bc his arrows are getting banged up! She will b happy with it !! Good luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife is shooting an avail right now. She is left handed, and it took a long time to find one. It is a nice bow for short draw folks. I don’t think it’s as smooth as the no cam bows or the halon series. If yours is shooting a draw length that’s 26” or longer you could look to halons or maybe a chill sdx. My wife thought the HTR was a smoother shooting bow, and it’s plenty fast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts