Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody,
I got my gf into shooting recently with a 20lb bowtech rascal. Anyways i was thinking about setting up her sight for 15, 20, 25 yards. From what i seen the womens shots seem to be around 20 yards are so. Let me know if this is the case or what you have experinced! I would really like to know.
mike

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Schargedsonoma said:
Hey everybody,
I got my gf into shooting recently with a 20lb bowtech rascal. Anyways i was thinking about setting up her sight for 15, 20, 25 yards. From what i seen the womens shots seem to be around 20 yards are so. Let me know if this is the case or what you have experinced! I would really like to know.
mike
Hi Mike. Congratulations and thank you for bringing another woman into the sport. My suggestions is just take your girlfriend out to the course for a while and just let her shoot from any distance she feels comfortable with. I know that the max distance in the ASA Women's Bowhunter (fixed pins) class is 30 yards. And from my experience with my local clubs, the 30 yard shots are few and far in between. BUT... practicing those 30 yard shots will really up her ability to shoot a 20 yard shot.

Best of luck and have fun shooting together.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I have had to shoot over 35 at some 3d shoots around here. However if you are just shooting for fun you can always move up to where you are comfortable. I did that once after changing my bow and didn't have it sighted yet over 30.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey everybody!
Shes pretty comfortable at 20 yards right now. The archery clubs range i took her to starts out at 20yards, so thats what i had her first pin set in as. However we went to shoot at anther places 3d course and there female shots were about 25-30 it seemed so i just had her shooting at the kids area. Those shots were about 15 yards. Yesterday i finally got a tape measure and made yardage markers in the field behind my house. Im gonna have her set up her pins for the 15,20,25. I think that would be the best for now since she only has the bow set at 15lbs, and then she can shoot the pee wee and the womens. As she shots more and more she gets kinda upset if she misses lol so its best to have her shooting at the 15 yards for awhile till she gets her form right :)
Mike

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
good thought process, comfort and form are most important :teeth:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I shoot in Kansas between 25 and 35 yards for womens class. But my BF is making me shoot at mens open with him so I know the longer yardages.

·
Registered
21 Posts
longest yardages for women

I think that I need to come and shoot in the States!!! I shoot in Canada in the ladies class, and any adult shooting a compound bow shoots a 55 yard maximum, whether you are male, female or other :tongue:. Most of our targets are 35 to 50 yards out there. Very few are 30 and under. I would love to see what I could do 30 yards and in!!

Sam

1 - 7 of 7 Posts