Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the results from my MRI are in i have developed avascular necrosis (AVN) in my foot as a result of falling out of a tree while taking stands down after last season. my season begins in just over 2 weeks and i am not allowed to bear any weight on my foot.:cry: and i'm stuck useing crutches to get around.

so i'm calling on the creative minds here on archerytalk to help me come up with ideas on how i can still make it into the woods to hunt this year. i just can't bear the thought of sitting this one out. so let's here some ideas if you were confined to one leg how would you go about getting the most out of your season?

on a side note i strongly urge everyone on here to invest some money in something like the hss life line system or some other system to be sure you are connected to the tree while getting in and out of your stand and not just while your on the stand. the majority of falls occur while the hunter is either climbing to the stand or climbing down and trust me the 40.00 you'll spend on such a product is alot cheaper than all the surgery that can result if you don't have the kind of products. so please everyone wear a saftey harness at all times and have a safe season
dave

·
Excited Delerium
1,024 Posts
I'd say hook up with a trustworthy partner to help you get back and forth. You can always crawl in a ground blind. Hope it all works out and you can at least get out a few times. I know there are people out there with some severe handicaps that still make the most of their seasons, and more power to them. Good luck.

·
Registered
905 Posts
golf cart

They are quiet and do not make much noise and save a place to drive in, and camo the area in front with natural or some kind of hunting blind or use pcp pipe and paint in and get some camo material. Good luck, Steady

·
Registered
8,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
steadyeddie said:
They are quiet and do not make much noise and save a place to drive in, and camo the area in front with natural or some kind of hunting blind or use pcp pipe and paint in and get some camo material. Good luck, Steady

ok this brings up one point that i left out. so far this injury has me down for around 50,000 so i have little or no extra funds to spend so i'm looking for ideas to get me hunting that will be cheap or free

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Dave,
I hate it for you, I got taken out of hunting from a basketball injury a couple years ago, myself. But I think you need to do what's best for the foot to heal correctly. AVN is a serious thing, remember Bo Jackson???? He never did make it back to normal. Be careful what you do, and follow the Dr.'s instructions to a "T." Good Luck getting everything healed well, this can be a long road.

·
Registered
663 Posts
have someone help you dig a hole where you can sit on the ground and your legs are down in the hole. Brush it up good and when the deer comes just stand and shoot.

I've done it, not easy . . . . .

but still a whole lot of fun!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts