Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Awards and Giveaways for New Article and Blogs Section - Free Bows, Rests, More

Update: We are extending the writing contest till May 19th. So if you haven’t entered yet you have more time. Winners will be selected by a combination of the new star rating system (appears above the post title) and judging by our staff. So even if you don’t enter, you should check out the articles and rate them.

We will be awarding over 40 items for some of the best articles, blogs and How to writing for the new "Blogs and Articles" section (click on link at top of page)
Archery Talk will be sending free bows (Bowtech, Hoyt, Martin and more) caps, denim shirts, T shirts, vests, and many other items for some of the better articles posted until May 19th. Start writing and get and be included in the new fun and informative section on Archery Talk.

http://www.archerytalkblog.com/

NEW ARTICLES, STORIES and BLOG SECTION -Start Writing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have had many requests to add a Articles, Stories and Blog section for archers to write articles on “How To” and other information. As most of you know Archery Talk is continuing to grow at over 10% per month. We want to offer all the features possible and realize that the better you do in the sport the more you will enjoy it. We want archers to share their tips and experiences on this new section.
Archery Talk will be adding the new section in the next few days. Anyone wanting to write information articles are welcome to help us build a great information site. You will also be able to include images and put video on www.ATWTV.com

Start writing and get ready.

Suggestions for articles:
10 Ways To Shoot Better This Fall
Broadheads – 5 of the Best
19 Steps To Easy Bowtuning
15 Elk Hunting Tips for a Great Hunt
Recipes – Cooking Wild Game
Best ATV’s
Lures, Scents and CoverUps What Works?
How To Build A Bow Rack
How to Fletch Arrows Today
State By State Hunting Forecasts
Choosing the Right Hunting Arrow
How To Take Good Hunting Photos

You will also be able to link to ArcheryTalkTV.com (www.atwtv.com)
to include video on your article.
We will also be giving some items out for the better articles and stories.

·
Registered
8,002 Posts
That's awesome Terry!! Just another was ArcheryTalk gives back! Anyone ever wanted to write an article for a magazine? Sounds like this would be a great way to get your feet wet!!

Thanks for the opportunity ArcheryTalk!! :wink:

·
aka "5 Spot"
9,756 Posts
In all seriousness, would an article of "how to use the spell checker" and/or proper grammar be worthwhile?

·
Registered
6,149 Posts
In all seriousness, would an article of "how to use the spell checker" and/or proper grammar be worthwhile?
I seriously doubt it, after all, if they haven't learned anything after all their years of schooling, their probably not going to learn anything from a brief glance through an article !!!

I just wish i was good at writing articles/stories so i could win something !! :darkbeer: :darkbeer:

Woody

·
Registered
34,166 Posts
Yes...heck if you write up a good one...I may send you a free bow:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Any idea as to when the judging will be completed? I know there are a lot of great articles posted so I'm sure it takes time to read through them all. I've enjoyed reading several, there are some pretty talented writers on these forums. I hope everyone keeps it up even after the contest, it's a great addition to the AT world.

Tim

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Update: We are extending the writing contest till May 19th. So if you haven’t entered yet you have more time. Winners will be selected by Archerytalk readers through the new blog rating system (a simple 1 to 5 star rating that appears above the post title). So even if you don’t enter, you should check out the articles and vote.

Exact prizes will be announced early next week.

We will be awarding over 50 items for some of the best articles, blogs and How to writing for the new "Blogs and Articles" section (click on link at top of page)
Archery Talk will be sending free bows (Bowtech, Hoyt, Martin and more) Arrow rests, quivers, caps, denim shirts, T shirts, vests, Magna Craft binoculars and many other items for some of the better articles posted until May 19th. Start writing and get and be included in the new fun and informative section on Archery Talk.

http://www.archerytalkblog.com/

NEW ARTICLES, STORIES and BLOG SECTION -Start Writing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have had many requests to add a Articles, Stories and Blog section for archers to write articles on “How To” and other information. As most of you know Archery Talk is continuing to grow at over 10% per month. We want to offer all the features possible and realize that the better you do in the sport the more you will enjoy it. We want archers to share their tips and experiences on this new section.
Archery Talk will be adding the new section in the next few days. Anyone wanting to write information articles are welcome to help us build a great information site. You will also be able to include images and put video on www.ATWTV.com

Start writing and get ready.

Suggestions for articles:
10 Ways To Shoot Better This Fall
Broadheads – 5 of the Best
19 Steps To Easy Bowtuning
15 Elk Hunting Tips for a Great Hunt
Recipes – Cooking Wild Game
Best ATV’s
Lures, Scents and CoverUps What Works?
How To Build A Bow Rack
How to Fletch Arrows Today
State By State Hunting Forecasts
Choosing the Right Hunting Arrow
How To Take Good Hunting Photos

You will also be able to link to ArcheryTalkTV.com (www.atwtv.com)
to include video on your article.
We will also be giving some items out for the better articles and stories.

Due to the fact of the post-contest rule changes and the star-system that can be tampered with, I have decided to remove (delete) my three (3) entries to the contest. Sorry to waste everyone's time, good luck to those remaining.

Jason W.

·
Administrator
768 Posts
Due to the fact of the post-contest rule changes and the star-system that can be tampered with, I have decided to remove (delete) my three (3) entries to the contest. Sorry to waste everyone's time, good luck to those remaining.

Jason W.
The star rating is not the only deciding factor for the contest, they will still be judged don't worry.

Also, I've put on a much better rating system that actually works in Internet Explorer now, so check it out!

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
The star rating is not the only deciding factor for the contest, they will still be judged don't worry.

Also, I've put on a much better rating system that actually works in Internet Explorer now, so check it out!

Thanks KurtD, It looks great and I'm glad to hear that the articles will still stand on their own merits. :thumbs_up

You guys and gals do a great job. :)

Keep'em Sharp...........

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't found the magic button to post an article . . . what am I missing? How do I post a article?

I wrote an article a while back and just need to do a little editing and it can be ready to post.

·
Registered
741 Posts
After you upload it and are ready just click the publish button on the right.

·
2,355 Posts
Heya.

Some days have passed now. How far is the decisions process at the moment? Not that i am curious who will win something. :cocktail:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts