Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made these arrow holders today. I had nothing better to do. They were so easy to make and design. I plan on keeping one, giving one to the BF, then donating the other 3 to my local archery club.
Just curious everyones thought on what I came up with.

arrowholders.jpg

·
Registered
887 Posts
Very cool. Just wondering did you use different colors of duct tape or did you paint them?

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
I have some similar as far as design. I had to put a square base on them to keep them from tipping over too easily.

Yours look great. Nice job

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very cool. Just wondering did you use different colors of duct tape or did you paint them?
I used the new Colors Duct Tape. I started to airbrush them, but it was to hot outside and the tape was much easier. I probably will airbrush one sometime just to have something special..lol

I was really tired of just throwing them on the ground then having to bend over and get an arrow each time I shot.

Also, to the comment of keeping them from falling over, I was thinking about putting a couple inches of concrete inside the tubing to add sum weight? Anyone ever tried?

·
Registered
22,697 Posts
That will help some but, make them more heavy. Keep in mind general construction engineering. The higher up you go, the farther out you have to go.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I can't really tell, but I am going to assume those are made out of PVC? If they are, there are PVC bases you can get that the pipe fits into... will help hold them upright.... basically is like a square piece at the bottom that makes it look like an upside down T. My club has these and they are quite nice ... and cheap

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
somebody has way to much time on there hands. But they do look great. maybe i will make some, just not pink theres enough pink in the house:wink:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
126 Posts
screw that cap to a piece of plywood, and you'll even be able to bump into it. PCV and deck screws, a match made in heaven.

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
A toilet flange? BRILLIANT! :lol:

Good thinking. Our club has a few very similar holder floating around to use.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
What's wrong with a hip quiver??? They look nice though!
X2 on both comments.

They have them at one of the ranges I shoot at, not that "cute" though. Most of the regular shooters there hate the things. They get in the way. People leave them on the line when your shooting and people trip over them. One second your shooting and then someone else comes up and starts shooting and sets one behind you and oops

Quivers are a better way to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hate hip quivers. Tried one and my arrows kept falling out. I would much rather not have my arrows banging against my leg

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
im building one tomorow pink with breast cancer ribbon to match my bow thanks for the idea

·
Registered
47,473 Posts
I hate hip quivers. Tried one and my arrows kept falling out. I would much rather not have my arrows banging against my leg
Get a better quiver. :D Mine is comfy, it doesn't bang around, it's quiet and the arrows don't fall out unless I'm hanging upside down, which I don't do that often while shooting. The bonus is you then have pockets to carry necessities.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im building one tomorow pink with breast cancer ribbon to match my bow thanks for the idea
More than welcome! I designed one to match my bow....I'm a girl of matching..nothing can be odd...Its like an OCD thing. lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts