Archery Talk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well fellas today was our opener here in Maryland for Bow Season and Boy O Boy am I a Happy Man !!!! I saw 2 Does 1 fawn and a total of 8 different Bucks by 8:50 am That was when I put it on a Good'n !! He was one of the Bucks that I watched while scouting this summer and low and behold he done exactly what I thought he would do. I have my stand set up on a small ridge with a stand of mature white oaks over looking a crick with an awesome bottle neck. It is and has been for years one of my favorite areas to hunt especially early season. The Bucks always seem to really key in on these acorns every year. I watched this Buck a couple of mornnings feed in the crop fields above this set up and every time he would head back to toward the oak ridge. So my plan was to take a round about route to this stand and try to catch him with his guard down and sure enough it couldn't have worked any better. Boy it dosn't always happen that easy especially for me but sure did work today B) Here are a couple pics of my Maryland openning day Buck 2006

·
Registered
9,843 Posts
Nice buck !!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Nice Buck

Congrats, Awsome looking buck with great spread. Not a bad start to the season. Hope that good start in Maryland leads to a good start in Ohio, season opens Sept. 30.

Great buck. JR

·
Registered
199 Posts
Outstanding! Congrats.

Was the g1 on his right side busted up or just not there?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
That's one HUGE 7 pt!!!! Nice buck, CONGRATS!!!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I count 8 or am I just up past my bedtime?

·
Banned
10,353 Posts
BEAUTIFUL BUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Congratulations man!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea he is an 8 pt. could have been a 9 but just didn't grow his other brow tine. I saw this Buck a couple times this summer scouting and thought for sure he was a 9 but it was hard to tell for sure at 300 plus yards. Even tho I lost atleast 3 or 4 inches because of it I am still very happy to have such a start to the Season ;)

·
Registered
199 Posts
As well you should be, 4x.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Nice buck man! Wish I seen bucks like that on my opening day, by Oct. 1 the bucks are off there summer feeding patterns and are like ghosts....then comes the October lull, and things dont pick up til the last week of October for me. That Joker you got his wide...Awesome deer....congrats!

by the way, that is one sharp looking Ford you got you there. I wish my ranger was green instead of Yellow....oh well.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
SWEET! I like w-i-d-e racks.... great buck! Congrats!

·
DefiantShooter
10,865 Posts
Wow!!!

Great buck, congrats! :cocktail:

·
Registered
839 Posts
very nice buck. its awesome when things work out exactly like you planned like that. congratulations. :darkbeer:

·
Registered
829 Posts
Nice Buck!

Nice Buck
Gonna need A Bigger truck!:darkbeer:

·
74,535 Posts
Congradulations

Nice trophy Buck

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
Great job, congrats!

·
Registered
11,484 Posts
Don't you just Love it when a plan comes together:) Nice Buck man!!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts